Megan and Wendy talk why Mother’s Day is the worst and give some ideas on how the reclaim the May holiday. Plus, listen in as they talk about the best movies to watch while sick, the social media limits Megan is giving herself and the amazing, feel-good product every headache suffer needs.
We welcome your feedback, ideas, tips, stories and more! Email the podcast at email@example.com.
Join our private Facebook group: Long Story Shorties to talk about Mother’s Day, favorite movies, and what everyone is cooking for dinner this week.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Episode 25: Life Hacks
- Episode 26: Nighttime Routines Beyond Skin Care
- Misophonia via WebMD + Misophonoa and Genetics + 23andMe DNA Kit (affiliate link)
- American Idol blow back
- Best apps to block social media apps
- RENPHO Eye Massager with heat and compression
- 11 uses for Dawn Powerwash
Tips on Reclaiming Mother’s Day
- If Mother’s Day is hard for your, temporarily delete social media on your phone. Don’t put triggering images at your fingertips.
- Ask for what you want! Let go of the guilt. If there is something you do or don’t want to do, tell the people in your lives. Don’t assume everyone can read your mind.
- Make alternate plans! Take yourself to the beach, out for a pedicure, get takeout and watch your favorite shows, invite a friend over, walk through a bookstore.
- Celebrate your mom friends. Send a group text or write a note to tell them they’re doing a great job because mommin’ is hard.
Megan and Wendy APPROVED!
- What Happened to You? Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Dr. Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey + Try Audible for Free
- Dawn Powerwash
Remember this Dawn Commercial?
Support Our Sponsors
Want great handmade items for yourself or to gift? Check out Michelle’s amazing goods at Sealestialshel.com!