Here we go again! Megan and Wendy begin another year or recapping and reviewing Hallmark Channel original movies. Listen as they dive in on the first of the New Year, New Movies line up with a review of “Where Your Heart Belongs” starring none other than Jen Lilley and Christopher Russell.
Are the “New Year, New Movies” for you or are you longing for the days of “Countdown to Christmas?” Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey Tyler Hynes fans: Come check out our Patreon. We’ll be dedicating the month of January to Hallmark’s number one hunk Tyler Hynes. We’ll be reviewing Winter in Vail from 2020 and a few other fun things. Sign up here.
Related podcast episodes:
- A review of Christopher Russell in Chasing Waterfalls
- Reviews of Jen Lilley in Mingle All the Way, A Little Daytime Drama, and Snowkissed
What is “Where Your Heart Belongs” About?
The synopsis: Mackenzie Sullivan (Jen Lilley) is a New York-based marketing executive struggling to keep her clients. When she returns home to a rural maple farm to help her best friend plan her wedding in just two weeks, Mackenzie learns the hard way that the love and support of family and true friends means more than she’d imagined.
Dudes of Hallmark T-Shirt
Hallmark movie fans, wear your fandom loud and proud with this selection of just a few of our favorite Hallmark hunks!
Fitted, comfortable, and soft—this t-shirt was made just for you. And it can withstand several washings while maintaining its shape, so it’s great for everyday wear!
• 100% fine jersey cotton
• Heather grey is 90% cotton, 10% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.3 oz/y² (146 g/…
News and Notes
- “Where Your Heart Belongs” premiered as part of the New Year, New Movies line up on Hallmark Channel on Saturday, January 1, 2022.
- “The Perfect Pairing” starring Nazeen Contractor and Brennen Elliott was originally scheduled to premiere on January 1st but has since been moved to January 15th.
- This film was formerly titled “Love is Trending.”
- Jen Lilley called the script for Where Your Heart Belongs “a sappy and sweet romance.”
- According to Heavy, the movie was filmed in January 2021.
- It was written by newcomers Kathryn Hudson and Catherine Reay, as well as Christie Will Wolf who also directed.
What Did We Rate This Movie?
We have a slightly different rating system for 2022. In the past, we used a four-star rating system but for the new year we are going all in on 5-stars.
Girls Gone Hallmark rates “Where Your Heart Belongs”
- Megan: ⭐⭐
- Wendy: ⭐⭐
New Year New Podcast
Are you looking for a podcast hosted by relatable, likable women who are funny and real? Come listen to ours! We’re Megan and Wendy and we host Long Story Short: The Podcast. We are real-life friends, moms of tweens/teens, re-discovering things that make us happy as we move into a very different phase of life. Subscribe today for new episodes every Tuesday and Thursday. Available everywhere podcasts are available.