Fall is a beautiful season that brings with it a bounty of delicious apples. From sweet to tart, there is no shortage of apple varieties to choose from during this time of year. With so many apples available, it’s the perfect time to try out some easy, delicious apple recipes. Whether it’s a classic apple pie or something more unique like apple cider donuts, there is no shortage of options to choose from. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can create a tasty treat that will impress your friends and family. So, embrace the fall season and try one of these easy-to-make apple recipes.
The Best Apples for Baking
Fall is the ideal season for apple lovers and baking enthusiasts. With so many different varieties of apples available, it can be challenging to choose the right one for your recipe. While some apples are best enjoyed raw, others are perfect for cooking or baking.
Did you know: The best apples for baking are those that are firm and slightly tart, such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Fuji, Honey Gold, Gala, or Braeburn. These apples hold their shape well during baking and provide a nice balance of sweetness and tartness to your desserts. Additionally, they have a great texture that doesn’t get mushy when cooked.
So, if you’re planning to make a delicious apple pie, tart, or crisp this fall, make sure to choose the right apple variety for the best results.
Easy Apple Recipes with Few Ingredients
We’ve compiled a list of highly rated apple recipes that are both simple to make and require just a handful of ingredients.
- Simple Baked Apples Recipe from Happy Healthy Mama – This recipe is incredibly easy to follow. You will only need 5-6 apples, along with either butter or coconut oil, and some cinnamon.
- Fried Apples (Skillet Recipe) from Finding Zest – This recipe consists of only five ingredients, and the aroma that will fill your kitchen while preparing them is simply delightful.
- Delightfully Baked Apples from Skinny Taste – You likely have all the necessary ingredients already stocked in your pantry, so why not consider whipping up this recipe over the weekend?
Apple Cake Recipes
- French Apple Cake from Flavor the Moments – This apple cake is not only gorgeous, but it’s also wonderfully simple to make with just a few ingredients. You’ll be able to impress your friends with this cake!
- Italian Apple Cake from Your Guardian Chef – I must say, this apple cake appears to be more elaborate than the other, but what I particularly adore about it is the fact that it has been passed down through generations in the family.
- Apple Dump Cake with Fresh Apples from Finding Zest – Are you on the hunt for a quick and effortless autumn dessert? Look no further than this scrumptious apple dump cake. This recipe, made with fresh apples, is an absolute breeze to prepare, yet its flavors are anything but basic. For an extra cozy treat, serve it warm with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream.
Easy Apple Cobbler Recipes with Fresh Apples
- Easy Apple Cobbler with Bisquick from The Typical Mom – In our household, Bisquick is a must-have item in the pantry. What I particularly adore about it is the convenience of being able to whip up a delectable apple dessert by incorporating a few other pantry essentials along with fresh apples. With just a few simple steps, you can indulge in a scrumptious treat that is sure to delight your taste buds!
- Grandma’s Apple Cobbler Recipe from Attainable Sustainable – Another vintage recipe!
Is it Necessary to Peel Apples for an Apple Crisp?
According to Bon Appétit, it is recommended to peel and core the apples before making an apple crisp. Leaving the apple skins on will change the consistency of your crisp.
- Easy Apple Crisp from Flavor the Moments – Juicy and soft apple pieces are gently mixed with the comforting and delightful notes of cinnamon, brown sugar, and a rich, buttery crumble topping made of oats. The recipe calls for a blend of Granny Smith and Pink Lady apples, creating a harmonious balance between tangy and sweet flavors.
- Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Crisp from Healthier Steps – This gluten-free and vegan apple crisp recipe is a delicious and healthy dessert option for those with dietary restrictions. With a crunchy topping made from oats, almond flour, and coconut oil, it’s the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of fall without compromising on taste or nutrition.
When All Else Fails: Applesauce
Making applesauce with fresh apples is a delicious and easy way to use up any extra apples you may have. All you need is a few pounds of apples, some sugar, cinnamon, and water. sweet and tangy applesauce can be enjoyed on its own or used as a topping for pancakes, yogurt, or ice cream. Not only is homemade applesauce a tasty treat, but it is also a great way to reduce food waste and enjoy the bounty of the fall harvest.
- Homemade Chunky Applesauce with Cinnamon by Foodal – This is my absolute, go-to homemade applesauce recipe and it’s so ridiculously easy and delicious.
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Wednesday for “Approved with Megan and Wendy” – the podcast where we ask each other every week what we’re currently using and loving. Don’t waste any more time or money on products that don’t live up to their promises.
You can also find us on “Girls Gone Hallmark” on Tuesdays and Thursdays where we review new and fan-favorite Hallmark movies and ask the question: Did you see that?
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy continues on Patreon! New episodes, four times a month, where we cover everyday life, pop culture, and more!