It’s the most wonderful time of the year for snacks and treats at Trader Joe’s! While it’s no secret that I want Christmas to begin after Thanksgiving there are always exceptions to my rules. Here is what to buy at Trader Joe’s this holiday! Updated for 2020.
Related: Stocking Stuffers from Trader Joe’s
What Can I Buy at Trader Joe’s for Christmas?
Everyone’s favorite small grocer offers so many wonderful products during the winter season. Everything from fruit-enhanced goat cheese, rustic tarts, fresh wreaths and garland, advent calendars filled with chocolates and so much more.
We’ve included links to these items from resellers on Amazon. Expect a significant mark-up above retail price. Affiliate links.
- O&H Danish Almond Kringle – Don’t miss out on this one! It can be found in the bakery section on a small table display with cakes and other pastry items. A kringle is traditional Danish pastry with flaky layers, smooth almond filling and topped with sweet icing. Can’t find these at your local Trader Joe’s? Order one from O&H Danish Bakery for $21. But know that Trader Joe’s sells the exact same almond kringle for $9 so if you see it, grab one. These freeze nicely, too!
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cremes – Look for these with all the other chocolate candies. My favorite part of these are that they are topped with crushed peppermint candies. Plus, they make a sweet hostess gift for only $2.99.
- Dark Chocolate Minty Mallows – Expect a nice sized rectangle minty marshmallow covered in dark chocolate. A box of 10 sells for $2.99 and they are also found with the other chocolate treats.
- Candy Cane Green Tea Decaffeinated – Megan turned me onto this tea a couple of years ago when I discovered at least a dozen boxes stashed in her pantry. It’s only available during the holidays and once it’s gone, it’s gone. This decaf green tea has a nice, smooth peppermint taste with notes of vanilla and cinnamon. 20 bags for $1.99.
Trader Joe’s Holiday Treats
- Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe-Joe – We know a lot of people love the Candy Cane Joe-Joe cookie. We prefer the peppermint Oreo instead (watch our blind taste test cookie throw down here). But, dip a Joe-Joe into some dark chocolate and suddenly we’re converts. These are amazing to eat and to bring to someone’s house during the season. Find them at Trader Joe’s for $4.99 until they are gone.
- Jingle Jangle – I was floored Megan wasn’t into the Trader Joe’s Jingle Jangle. How can you go wrong with chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter cups, chocolate covered popcorn and those dark chocolate covered peppermint Joe-Joe cookies? One tin will do just fine though but again, another great option to bring as a hostess gift. One tin/$9.
- Dark Chocolate Mini Mint Stars – Mini shortbread cookies covered in minty chocolate. I don’t remember being over the moon for these in previous years but might just have to grab another box this season to make sure. Can’t beat the $2.99 price.
Chocolate Advent Calendars – Megan’s family is crazy for their annual Advent tradition. I typically go the easy way out with a Trader Joe’s Chocolate Advent Calendar. Same pay off for very little money (99 cents!) These will be long gone by December 1st, so grab one now.
- Turkey & Stuffing Seasoned Kettle Chips – So, not technically Christmasy but these potato chips are really delicious. You might be able to find a bag after Thanksgiving and if you do, grab them.
We’re curious to know what holiday items you love from Trader Joe’s?
Watch our Trader Joe’s Holiday Faves Taste Test!
Megan and I set out to each pick up our five favorite things that Trader Joe’s brings out each holiday season. I’m not surprised we had a couple duplicate faves but I was really surprised how she balked at what might be the most glorious mash up of Trader Joe’s chocolate goodies, ever.
Before You Go… Read The Best Small Gifts From Trader Joe’s
Thanks for reading and tell us what to buy at Trader Joe’s this holiday!