It’s the most wonderful time of the year at Trader Joe’s! It’s no secret that I want Christmastime to begin after Thanksgiving but there are always exceptions to my rules. I was stalking the aisles of Trader Joe’s right after Halloween looking for all of my favorite holiday sweets and treats from everyone’s favorite grocer.
Megan and I set out to each pick up our five favorite things that Trader Joe’s brings out each holiday season. I’m not surprised we had a couple duplicate faves but I was really surprised how she balked at what might be the most glorious mash up of Trader Joe’s chocolate goodies, ever.
Watch our Trader Joe’s Holiday Faves! Video
Favorite Things from Trader Joe’s During the Holidays
1. O&H Danish Almond Kringle – Don’t miss out on this one! It can be found in the bakery section on a small table display with cakes and other pastry items. A kringle is traditional Danish pastry with flaky layers, smooth almond filling and topped with sweet icing. Can’t find these at your local Trader Joe’s? Order one from O&H Danish Bakery for $21. But know that Trader Joe’s sells the exact same almond kringle for $9 so if you see it, grab one.
2. Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cremes – Look for these on the freezer aisle with all the other chocolates. My favorite part of these are that they are topped with crushed peppermint candies. Plus, they make a sweet hostess gift for only $2.99 (these are also on Amazon for $11).
3. Dark Chocolate Minty Mallows – Expect a nice sized rectangle minty marshmallow covered in dark chocolate. A box of 10 sells for $2.99 and they are also found on the freezer aisle with the other chocolate treats. These also available on Amazon for $14.
4. Macarons des Fêtes – These macarons are made in France specifically for Trader Joe’s. Megan picked up the chocolate and vanilla variety but the holidays also bring flavors like chocolate peppermint, gingerbread, pear cinnamon, cappuccino and four spice caramel. Find these in the frozen section for $5.
5. Candy Cane Green Tea Decaffeinated – Megan turned me onto this tea a couple of years ago when I discovered at least a dozen boxes stashed in her pantry. It’s only available during the holidays and once it’s gone, it’s gone. This decaf green tea has a nice, smooth peppermint taste with notes of vanilla and cinnamon. 20 bags for $1.99. Can’t find it? Amazon has a 2 pack for $12.
6. Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe-Joe – We know a lot of people love the Candy Cane Joe-Joe cookie. We prefer the peppermint Oreo instead (watch our blind taste test cookie throw down here). But, dip a Joe-Joe into some dark chocolate and suddenly we’re converts. These are amazing to eat and to bring to someone’s house during the season. Find them at Trader Joe’s for $4.99 until they are gone and then on Amazon for $12! $12 for 10 cookies? You crazy, Amazon.
7. Jingle Jangle – I was floored Megan wasn’t into the Trader Joe’s Jingle Jangle. How can you go wrong with chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter cups, chocolate covered popcorn and those dark chocolate covered peppermint Joe-Joe cookies? One tin will do just fine though but again, another great option to bring as a hostess gift. One tin/$9. Amazon has Jingle Jangle for $25. WHAT?
8. Dark Chocolate Mini Mint Stars – Mini shortbread cookies covered in minty chocolate. I don’t remember being over the moon for these last year but I might have to get another box this season just to make sure. Can’t beat the $2.99 price. Amazon has the mini mint stars 2 boxes/$20.
9. Chocolate Advent Calendar – Megan’s family is crazy for Advent calendars. I typically go the easy way out with a Trader Joe’s Chocolate Advent Calendars. Same pay off for very little money (99 cents!). These will be gone by December 1st so grab one now. And don’t even look at Amazon. A bundle of 4 for $20 is just ridiculous.
10. Turkey & Stuffing Seasoned Kettle Chips – So, not technically Christmasy but these potato chips are so freaking delicious. You might be able to find a bag after Thanksgiving and if you do, GET THEM NOW. $1.99 per bag and then you can sell them on Ebay for $40. True story.
We’re curious to know what holiday items you love from Trader Joe’s? Are we nuts about the Candy Cane Joe-Joe being less superior to Oreo? Would you ever pay top dollar for any of these items on Amazon? And just a note…the Amazon links are affiliate links which means Amazon will pay us pennies if you decide to buy one of these Trader Joe’s items from an Amazon retailer. But, in good faith, we think it’s bananas that people are reselling a $3 box of cookies for $12 or a $0.99 advent calendar for $25. We’ll gladly send you an Advent calendar if you ask nicely.
Before You Go… Read The Best Small Gifts From Trader Joe’s
Thanks for reading and tell us what other things you’d like us to get from Trader Joe’s!