Megan and Wendy are back in the same time zone with their vacation highs and lows! Listen in as they share stories from their, respective, summer trips. Everything from road trippin’ rental car disasters, farty flights, the oppressive humidity, and fighting for pool chairs. Plus, each share their vacation MVPs. This one is long and full of laughs and y’alls!
Share your vacation highs and lows with us! Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Need Your Feedback, Take this Survey
Can we ask for five minutes of your time? We’re asking listeners to complete this quick, anonymous survey about the podcast so we can create a great listening experience for everyone.
Iris Awards Nominations
If you like our podcast, we are humbly asking listeners to submit an Iris Award nomination in the category of “Best Podcast.” Nominations can be submitted by anyone, meaning even if you are not part of the Mom 2.0 community, you can nominate anyone you would like to see recognized. The nomination period ends on July 10th, so nominate your favorites today!
Mentioned in Episode 35
- Portland, OR listeners: Looking for microblading/powder brows and tattooed freckles? Check out @kimberlyjunebeauty as recommended by writer-inner Tara. She also recommends Adorn for all your piercing needs.
- News on why renting a car is such a fiasco right now.
- Definitely ruin your Disney vacation with these t-shirts.
- Los Angeles County recently retired protocol to remove vending machines in hotels. Why hasn’t the rest of the country caught up yet? See the LA County Hotel Reopening Protocol here – it’s wild.
- THIS is why your hotel bathroom doesn’t have an exhaust fan. Interesting.
- List of the most humid states in the U.S. Also known as Megan’s family road trip.
- We may have taken opposite sides in the farting on an airplane argument, but the farts on this plane caused an emergency landing!
- Wendy’s Hawaiian hotel did not make the list: Ranking Luxury Hotels by the Quality of their Toilet Paper.
- Traveling to Hawaii. You might want to check out this MANDATORY travel and health form before you get on the airplane.
- Fighting for pool chairs at the Hyatt seems to have been a problem pre-COVID. Read this Trip Advisor review from 2017.
- The “Right” way to use spray-on sunscreen and We’re likely killing the coral reef with our spray sunscreen.
Megan’s Vacation MVPs
- Bladeless neck fan
- Megababe Thigh Rescue
- A New Day tiny crossbody purse (not available, similar linked)
- Minor League Baseball (see this list by state)
Wendy’s Vacation MVPs
- LandsEnd Swim Suits
- Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter
- Euphoria on HBO
- Crushed ice in a Mai Tai (Mai Tai recipe here)
- Shave Ice (I’m considering the Little Snowie Max for my home!)
Megan and Wendy Approved!
Join Patreon and Get All the Archives
Join Patreon starting at $3/month to get access to bonus content including exclusive videos, video podcasts and BONUS BONUS podcast episodes!