Okay friends, who tuned in for the third episode of Date My Dad on Friday night? You know we did, and you know these saps totally cried (although we had different moments that made us weepy. We’ll be talking about that THIS Friday in our pre-show so make sure you head to UPtv on Facebook at 5:45pm Pacific/8:45pm Eastern)
We hosted the second episode of the Date My Dad pre-show on the UPtv Facebook page and we had a little bit of a TV Dad Trivia Showdown. It was so fun and I was only sad that we weren’t able to keep going because I felt like I was just getting warmed up. Catch the replay of our video (click through if you can’t see the video below.)
Ultimate TV Dad Trivia Questions
If you want to play along, here are some of the trivia questions that we used (and some bonus questions that didn’t make the live show!)
- Which TV dad was revealed to be deceased and not a lottery winner in the bizarre series finale of his long-running show. Hint: This show is returning!)
- Craig T. Nelson has played a dad several times including twice in two long-running television shows. Name those shows.
- Like in Date My Dad, this TV dad also shares screen time with his fictional mother in law, in a show named after himself.
- How many dads can you name from Modern Family?
- At the end of the series, how many men from the main cast of Friends have become Fathers?
- True or False: Fictional President Jed Bartlet is a father to three sons.
- Danny Tanny of Full House is obsessed with what?
- What is Phillip Banks’, also known as Uncle Phil, profession?
- Can you name either of the teams coached by Eric Taylor on Friday Night Lights?
- Al Bundy on Married With Children had what job?
- Can you name the two long-running shows on which Jerry Stiller played a dad?
- What fictional TV Show did Tim the Tool Man Taylor host? Who was his co-host?
- The Brady Bunch is an iconic show about blended families. Can you name another show featuring a blended family, including six children and a baby. Hint: Think TGIF!
- This TV dad moved twin teenagers from Minnesota to Beverly Hills.
- What was Ward Cleaver’s job?
- On Dharma and Greg, Dharma’s dad can best be described as what?
- What was the nickname of the TV dad on Home Improvement?
- Lois Griffin is married to whom on the Family Guy?
- This “Pa” lived in Walnut Grove.
- On the show Growing Pains, TV dad Jason Seaver, did what for a living?
- On Fraiser, Fraiser Crane’s dad was retired from what career?
- This shoe salesman was often annoyed with his kids, Kelly and Bud.
- This single dad was a housekeeper.
- What did Mr. Cunningham’s job on Happy Days?
- Who played Chandler’s TV dad on Friends?
Okay! Don’t miss the Date My Dad pre-show this Friday, June 16th at 5:45pm Pacific/8:45pm Eastern on the UPtv Facebook page. We’ll be talking about the moments that made us cry this week and we want to hear from YOU while we chat. We had so much fun with everyone who showed up last week and can’t wait to see you all again.
Ultimate TV Dad Trivia Answers
1.Dan Conner of Roseanne. 2. Parenthood & Coach 3. Ray Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond) 4. Mitch, Cam, Phil, Jay and Frank (Phils’ dad!) 5. Two. 6. False! He has three daughters. 7. Cleaning 8. Judge 9. Dillon Panthers, East Dillon Lions 10. Shoe salesman 11. Seinfeld and King of Queens 12. Tool Time. Al Borland 13. Step by Step 14. Jim Walsh (Beverly Hills, 90210) 15. Under dispute, but we believe the answer to be that he worked for a trust company. 16. Hippie 17. Tim the Tool Man Taylor 18. Peter 19. Charles Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie 20. Psychiatrist 21. Police Officer 22. Al Bundy 23. Tony Micelli on Who’s The Boss 24. He owned a hardware store 25. Kathleen Turner
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy is thrilled to partner with UPtv on a series of sponsored written and video content for Date My Dad. All opinions are our own.