Father’s Day is coming, and if you’re looking for a fun easy activity to do with the family while waiting for the grill to heat up, challenge everyone to a little TV Dad Trivia!
Then, tag us on Instagram if you play along! Let us know how you do!
We like to keep Father’s Day relaxed and casual. We usually spend the day at the beach or the pool, followed by a casual dinner cooked on the grill.
We’re always looking for ways to incorporate fun family time into the day. We love these trivia questions because this they’re a nostalgic look back at our own childhoods!
TV Dad Trivia Questions Round One
- Which TV dad was revealed to be deceased and not a lottery winner in the bizarre series finale of his long-running show. Hint: This show was rebooted!
- Craig T. Nelson has played a dad several times including twice in two long-running television shows. Name those shows.
- This TV dad also shares screen time with his fictional mother in law, in a show named after himself.
- How many dads can you name from Modern Family?
- At the end of the series, how many men from the main cast of Friends have become Fathers?
- True or False: Fictional President Jed Bartlet is a father to three sons.
- Danny Tanner of Full House is obsessed with what?
- What is Phillip Banks’, also known as Uncle Phil, profession?
- Can you name either of the teams coached by Eric Taylor on Friday Night Lights?
- Al Bundy on Married With Children had what job?
- Can you name the two long-running shows on which Jerry Stiller played a dad?
- What fictional TV Show did Tim the Tool Man Taylor host? Who was his co-host?
TV Dad Trivia Questions Round Two
- The Brady Bunch is an iconic show about blended families. Can you name another show featuring a blended family, including six children and a baby. Hint: Think TGIF!
- This TV dad moved twin teenagers from Minnesota to Beverly Hills.
- What was Ward Cleaver’s job?
- On Dharma and Greg, Dharma’s dad can best be described as what?
- What was the nickname of the TV dad on Home Improvement?
- Lois Griffin is married to whom on the Family Guy?
- This “Pa” lived in Walnut Grove.
- On the show Growing Pains, TV dad Jason Seaver, did what for a living?
- On Fraiser, Fraiser Crane’s dad was retired from what career?
- This shoe salesman was often annoyed with his kids, Kelly and Bud.
- This single dad was a housekeeper.
- What did Mr. Cunningham’s job on Happy Days?
- Who played Chandler’s TV dad on Friends?
Ultimate TV Dad Trivia Answers
1.Dan Conner of Roseanne. 2. Parenthood & Coach 3. Ray Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond) 4. Mitch, Cam, Phil, Jay and Frank (Phils’ dad!) 5. Two. 6. False! He has three daughters. 7. Cleaning 8. Judge 9. Dillon Panthers, East Dillon Lions 10. Shoe salesman 11. Seinfeld and King of Queens 12. Tool Time. Al Borland 13. Step by Step 14. Jim Walsh (Beverly Hills, 90210) 15. Under dispute, but we believe the answer to be that he worked for a trust company. 16. Hippie 17. Tim the Tool Man Taylor 18. Peter 19. Charles Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie 20. Psychiatrist 21. Police Officer 22. Al Bundy 23. Tony Micelli on Who’s The Boss 24. He owned a hardware store 25. Kathleen Turner
More Father’s Day Inspiration
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Wednesday for “Approved with Megan and Wendy” – the podcast where we ask each other every week what we’re currently using and loving. Don’t waste any more time or money on products that don’t live up to their promises.
You can also find us on “Girls Gone Hallmark” on Tuesdays and Thursdays where we review new and fan-favorite Hallmark movies and ask the question: Did you see that?
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy continues on Patreon! New episodes, four times a month, where we cover everyday life, pop culture, and more!