The odds are against us when it comes to resolutions. I’m sure many of us have already lost our way when it comes to what we were hoping to do in 2017. I know I’m still working on my own resolutions and trying to take them month by month instead of all or nothing.
Here’s the thing, though. Even the smallest change is a change and that’s why we’ve come up with a very doable list of things you can do today to turn your new year around. Maybe something from this list will inspire you to make bigger changes or ones that last.
1. I’m embarrassed at how long I let my makeup brushes and sponges go before I clean them. We shared this trick using Dove soap and it works wonders! Go through and trash any expired or unused makeup.
3. Clean out and organize your closet. Donate everything that you haven’t worn in a year.
4. I would use my Fitbit more if it was charged up. You might too.
5. Megan is a huge planner fan. See how she organizes her week here: Plan With Me(gan) I prefer smaller paper planners for notes and doodles and keeping my hectic life together.
6. Drink more water. I always find I drink way more water if my cup had a nice fat straw. I really like this one from Zak (affiliate).
7. Buy yourself a new workout pant or tennis shoes. Megan got herself a new pair of black Nikes and I bought a couple pairs of C9 workout pants from Target (affiliate). Wearing the clothes might put you in the mood.
8. Decide what self-care means to you and set up a new routine. Maybe it’s meditation, a self-help podcast, a daily walk, a nightly bath, a few extra minutes to exfoliate or floss. Find it and do it.
9. I feel overwhelmed when my spaces are messy. Clean your car inside and out. You’ll be amazed how slick and shiny feels!
10. There’s nothing worse when you see 4,000 unread emails in your inbox. Just delete them. It’s ok.
11. Power your day up with breakfast. It takes minutes to cook an egg or slow cook some oats and it will make a huge difference to your day.
Commit to at least one and tell us in the comments or visit us on our Facebook page.