Megan and Wendy review Hallmark Channel’s “The Wedding Veil” starring Lacey Chabert and Kevin McGarry. It premiered on January 8, 2022 and also guest stars Autumn Reeser and Alison Sweeney. Was this movie reminiscence of “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” or are we just longing for a great girlfriend movie?
What did you think of “The Wedding Veil” and will you watch the next two movies in the triology? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Related Hallmark Reviews
- We are Lacey Chabert fans! Listen to our reviews of some of her best (and not so best) movies.
News and Notes
- Heavy reported that all three movies were filmed in Victoria, Canada and other parts of British Columbia.
- Filming of the first movie was done in April and finished in May.
- Autum Reeser wrote on her Instagram that she signed on for the films two days before the world was forced to shut down due to the pandemic. It was originally to be filmed in April 2020.
- The movie is somehow, someway loosely based on the novel “There Goes the Bride” by Lori Wilde. Buy the book here.
- The screenplay was written by Sandra Berg and Judith Berg. Both writers have a robust Hallmark resume.
More News About The Wedding Veil
- Terry Ingram directed and has an even longer history with Hallmark Channel, including “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” and “Winter in Vail” (which we will review exclusively on Patreon in January during our month of Tyler Hynes movies).
- Lacey Chabert served as one of the film’s executive producers.
- Chabert told Good Housekeeping in April 2021 that working with Autumn Reeser and Alison Sweeney was a “dream come true.”
- Hallmark leaned hard into this story about female friendships asking “what better way to celebrate female friendships than to bring together three beloved actors from our network.”
- Actor Kevin McGarry who plays Peter was born in Kincardine, Ontario, Canada. Not Boston.
- McGarry is currently dating his When Calls the Heart co-star Kayla Wallace.
What is The Wedding Veil About?
From Hallmark.com: The first installment of a new trilogy follows three longtime college friends who discover a mysterious, antique veil fabled to unite its bearer with her true love. After discovering a long-lost painting, museum curator Avery and new board member Peter investigate the artwork’s origins as they plan a gala to unveil it.
What Did We Rate This Movie?
Megan 3.75 ⭐
Wendy 4.0 ⭐