Megan and Wendy are back with a brand new Girls Gone Hallmark episode! Listen in as they review “The Dog Lover’s Guide to Dating” starring Corey Sevier and Rebecca Dalton. Will dog trainer Alex be able to help Simon with his girlfriend’s naughty dog? Woof.
Will Wendy ever be able to pronounce Sevier correctly? Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girls Gone Hallmark Schedule Starting in January 2023
We are excited to announce that Girls Gone Hallmark is expanding in January! Please take note of the new schedule:
- Tuesdays: Hallmark Original Movie reviews
- Wednesdays: Hallmark Channel’s “The Way Home” recap
More Hallmark Talk? Join Our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group
Join our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group! Tons of great people – just like you – who love Hallmark movies. We’re talking new movies, favorite movies, actors, Hallmark gossip, and so much more. Free to join, so click the link below or search “Girls Gone Hallmark” in Facebook Groups.
Don’t miss out on: Girls Gone Hallmark – Hallmark Movies Fan Group
About “The Dog Lover’s Guide to Dating”
- This was a Johnson Production Group movie.
- Johnson Production Group has produced many Hallmark movies including “Noel Next Door,” “Five More Minutes: Moments Like These” and “Time For Him to Come Home For Christmas.”
- Corey Sevier (Simon) starred in three Christmas movies in 2022, including “Noel Next Door” for Hallmark and two more for other networks.
- According to his IMDB, he has another new movie completed called “Key to Love.” Not sure where that’s going to end up.
- Rebecca Dalton (Alex) has many acting credits dating back to 2010. Included in that is “The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story” where she played the part of Courtney Thorne-Smith and Hallmark’s “A Perfect Christmas” from 2016.
- She also co-starred with Corey Sevier in last year’s “Lemonade Stand Romance.”
- Directed by Craig Price who has previously directed many of “The Good Witch” movies.
- Written by Catherine Reay (“Where Your Heart Belongs” from 2022), Kate Somerville, and Juliana Wimbles (several acting credits, including many Hallmark movies as well as “A Splash of Love” which is another Johnson Production Group movie).
Where was “The Dog Lover’s Guide to Dating” Filmed?
- Inspired by the book The Dog Lover’s Guide to Dating: Using Cold Noses to Find Warm Hearts by Deborah Wood. This is not a novel. Instead a practical guide.
- This movie was filmed entirely in the easternmost province of Canada. Specifically Newfoundland and Labrador.
- The movie was also shot around the metropolitan area on location, including famous sites such as Quidi Vidi, Bannerman Park, Goulds, and Mount Pearl.
- Jack Axes is a real ax throwing spot in town.
- Principal photography began in August 2022 and was wrapped up within two weeks on September 2, 2022.
Wondering Where to Watch Hallmark Movies?
Our current favorite way to watch Hallmark Channel movies is via Frndly TV. This app has 40+ channels, both live and on-demand, including all three Hallmark Channels!
Our favorite feature is the 72-Hour Look Back which allows you to scroll BACKWARD in the guide to watch or record anything you might have missed over the last three days.
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Thursday on Long Story Short: The Podcast as we rediscover the things that bring us joy! Podcast topics cover everyday life, parenting, fashion, beauty, pop culture and more!