Megan and Wendy review the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie “The Beach House” from 2018. This family-drama stars Andie MacDowell, Minka Kelly, and Chad Michael Murrary. This movie drew a 6.5/10 rating from IMDb users and is considered a fan favorite. Girls Gone Hallmark will review Hallmark favorites all summer long! See the calendar below so you can watch along
Email the show and let us know which older Hallmark Channel movie you would like Girls Gone Hallmark to review! Email: email@example.com
More Hallmark Talk? Join Our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group
Join our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group! Tons of great people – just like you – who love Hallmark movies. We’re talking new movies, favorite movies, actors, Hallmark gossip, and so much more. Free to join, so click the link below or search “Girls Gone Hallmark” in Facebook Groups.
Don’t miss out on: Girls Gone Hallmark – A Group for Hallmark Movie Fans
About “The Beach House”
- This movie originally aired on April 18, 2018.
- The story was adapted from a 2002 novel by Mary Alice Monroe. “The Beach House” is the first in a seven book series.
- Maria Nation is also credited as a writer with 24 writing credits including other book to movie adaptations like Karen Kingsbury’s “Maggie’s Christmas Miracle” and “Debbie Macomber’s Dashing Through the Snow” and most recently Lifetime’s “Girl in Room 13” directed by Elizabeth Rohm and starring Anne Heche
- Andie MacDowell plays Lovie and has 84 acting credits. Most recently she starred as Del in “The Way Home.” Other famous roles include “Four Weddings and a Funeral” and “Groundhog Day.” She also had a starring role on the 2013 – 2015 Hallmark series “Cedar Cove.”
- Minka Kelly plays daughter Cara and has 46 acting credits, most recently 4 episodes of “Euphoria.” She’s perhaps most well known for her role as Lyla Garrity on “Friday Night Lights.” She also had recurring roles on the series “Parenthood” and “Titans.”
- Chad Michael Murray plays Brett. Chad has been in hits “Gilmore Girls,” “Dawson’s Creek” and “One Tree Hill.” He made the move to GAC in 2021. Currently starring on CTV’s Sullivan’s crossing, featuring “Gilmore Girls” co-star Scott Patterson.
- Directed by Roger Spottiswoode who has 36 directing credits, although this was toward the end of his career. Also directed “Turner and Hooch,” “And the Band Played On,” and “Tomorrow Never Dies.”
- Filmed on Tybee Island – south of Savannah Georgia
Based on feedback from the awesome Girls Gone Hallmark community, Megan and Wendy will review older Hallmark movies as requested by listeners! Most, if not all, of the following movies are available on Hallmark Movies Now.
- May 30th: “Mystery 101” starring Kris Polaha.
- June 6th: “Love to the Rescue” with Michael Rady and Nikki DeLoach.
- June 13th: “Wedding Every Weekend” starring Kimberley Sustad and Paul Campbell.
- June 20th: “Love on the Air” with stars Alison Sweeney and Jonathan Scarfe.
- June 27th: “The Beach House” starring Minka Kelly, Andie MacDowell, and Chad Michael Murray.
- July 4th: “Christmas Sail” stars Katee Sackhoff, Patrick Sabongui, and Terry O’Quinn.
- July 11th: “You, Me & the Christmas Trees” with Danica McKellar and Benjamin Ayres.
- July 18th: “My Christmas Family Tree” starring Aimee Teegarden and Andrew Walker.
- July 25th: “”Sister Swap: Christmas in the City” Ashley Williams and Kimberly Williams-Paisley.
- August 1st: “Love on the Sidelines” with Emily Kinney and John Reardon
- Aug 8th: “Frozen in Love” starring Rachael Leigh Cook & Niall Matter.
- August 15th: “Surprised by Love” with Hilarie Burton and Paul Campbell.
- Aug 22nd: “Bottled with Love” stars Bethany Joy Lenz and Andrew Walker.
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Wednesday for “Approved with Megan and Wendy” – the podcast where we ask each other every week what we’re currently using and loving. Don’t waste any more time or money on products that don’t live up to their promises.
You can also find us on “Girls Gone Hallmark” on Tuesdays and Thursdays where we review new and fan-favorite Hallmark movies and ask the question: Did you see that?
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy continues on Patreon! New episodes, four times a month, where we cover everyday life, pop culture, and more!