Thanksgiving is a time for family, food, and fun. And what better way to have fun than with a game of Pictionary? Thanksgiving Pictionary is the perfect game for all ages and abilities, and it’s a great way to get everyone involved in the Thanksgiving festivities.
Here’s how to play Thanksgiving Pictionary
- Gather your family and friends and divide into two teams.
- Print out the Thanksgiving Pictionary game cards (included at the end of this blog post).
- Cut out the cards and put them in a bowl or hat.
- One person from each team will draw a card without showing it to their team.
- The person with the card will have one minute to draw the word on a whiteboard or piece of paper while their team tries to guess what it is.
- If the team guesses correctly, they get a point. If they don’t guess correctly, the other team has a chance to guess.
- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
Thanksgiving Pictionary Tips
- Be creative with your drawings. The more fun and imaginative your drawings are, the more fun everyone will have.
- Don’t be afraid to be silly. Pictionary is all about having fun and letting loose.
- If you’re stuck, try drawing clues instead of the whole word. For example, if you’re drawing “turkey,” you could draw a picture of a feather or a Thanksgiving feast.
- Be patient with your teammates. Pictionary can be challenging, but it’s also a lot of fun.
Thanksgiving Pictionary Game Cards:
- mashed potatoes
- cranberry sauce
- pumpkin pie
- green bean casserole
- macaroni and cheese
- dinner rolls
- carving the turkey
- watching a parade
- playing football
- going for a walk
- watching a movie
- eating a meal
- taking a nap
Bonus Words (if you need a tiebreaker!)
- Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Black Friday
Printable Game Cards
How to Use the Printable Game Cards:
- Print out the game cards on cardstock or paper.
- Cut out the game cards.
- Round the corners of the game cards to make them easier to shuffle.
- Put the game cards in a bowl or hat.
- Play Pictionary!
Thanksgiving Pictionary Variations
- For younger children: Use simpler words and pictures. You can also give younger children more time to draw.
- For larger groups: Divide into teams of more than two people. You can also play with two teams or more.
- For a more challenging game: Use more difficult words and pictures. You can also give players less time to draw.
No matter how you play, Thanksgiving Pictionary is a fun and festive way to celebrate the holiday. So gather your family and friends, get ready to draw, and have a happy Thanksgiving!
More Great Thanksgiving Tips
- Thanksgiving Word Search
- What to Eat for Dinner the Week of Thanksgiving
- Small Thanksgiving Meal Plan
- How to Prep for Thanksgiving
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Wednesday for “Approved with Megan and Wendy” – the podcast where we ask each other every week what we’re currently using and loving. Don’t waste any more time or money on products that don’t live up to their promises.
You can also find us on “Girls Gone Hallmark” on Tuesdays and Thursdays where we review new and fan-favorite Hallmark movies and ask the question: Did you see that?
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy continues on Patreon! New episodes, four times a month, where we cover everyday life, pop culture, and more!