Paulmarkies asked and Girls Gone Hallmark listened! Megan and Wendy review “Surprised by Love” in today’s brand new episode. The movie follows a young entrepreneur (played by Hilarie Burton) who tries to persuade her conservative parents to embrace her current partner, but unexpectedly finds herself drawn to a former high school love interest (played by Paul Campbell). This movie premiered originally on January 3, 2015.
Got a favorite fall-themed movie starring your favorite leading man or woman you’d like Girls Gone Hallmark to review? Let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Hallmark Talk? Join Our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group
Join our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group! Tons of great people – just like you – who love Hallmark movies. We’re talking new movies, favorite movies, actors, Hallmark gossip, and so much more. Free to join, so click the link below or search “Girls Gone Hallmark” in Facebook Groups.
Don’t miss out on: Girls Gone Hallmark – A Group for Hallmark Movie Fans
About “Surprised by Love”
- Directed by Robert Iscove. He’s still alive, this appears to be the last movie he directed. According to IMDB he has 64 directing credits including “Smart Cookies,” “Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Diff’rent Strokes”, “From Justin to Kelly,” and the 1999 teen rom-com “She’s All That.”
- Written by Neal H. Dobrofsky and Tippi Dobrofsky.
- These two have written a lot for Hallmark Channel including “Love Strikes Twice,” “You Had me at Aloha,” several episodes of “When Calls the Heart.” In 2020, they had written their 30th movie for Hallmark called “The Christmas Doctor” starring Holly Robinson Peete.
- Fun fact: In 2021 they co-wrote the first original holiday movie for Peacock along with their son Spyder Dobrofsky. It was called “The Real Housewives of the North Pole” and starred Kyle Richards. There hasn’t been anything new from the Dobrofskys since then.
- Stars Hilarie Burton (Josie) who is probably best known as playing Peyton Sawyer on One Tree Hill. Previous Hallmark movies include: “Summer Villa” and “Naughty or Nice.”
- Back in 2019 it’s reported that Burton was “let go” from a Hallmark movie after she made requests for a more diverse cast. She was very outspoken about the bigotry from then head Bill Abbott. With all that said, we haven’t seen Burton in a Hallmark joint since 2016.
- Paul Campbell (Gridley). Last seen in “The Cases of Mystery Lane” and last year’s “Three Wise Men and a Baby.”
- Tim Conway played Josie’s grandfather. Conway passed in 2017. He was a six time Primetime Emmy winner with 14 total nominations. He’s known for roles in the Carol Burnett Show, McHale’s Navy, guest spots, and tons of voice work in his later years.
Based on feedback from the awesome Girls Gone Hallmark community, Megan and Wendy will review older Hallmark movies as requested by listeners! Most, if not all, of the following movies are available on Hallmark Movies Now.
- May 30th: “Mystery 101” starring Kris Polaha.
- June 6th: “Love to the Rescue” with Michael Rady and Nikki DeLoach.
- June 13th: “Wedding Every Weekend” starring Kimberley Sustad and Paul Campbell.
- June 20th: “Love on the Air” with stars Alison Sweeney and Jonathan Scarfe.
- June 27th: “The Beach House” starring Minka Kelly, Andie MacDowell, and Chad Michael Murray.
- July 4th: “Christmas Sail” stars Katee Sackhoff, Patrick Sabongui, and Terry O’Quinn.
- July 11th: “You, Me & the Christmas Trees” with Danica McKellar and Benjamin Ayres.
- July 18th: “My Christmas Family Tree” starring Aimee Teegarden and Andrew Walker.
- July 25th: “”Sister Swap: Christmas in the City” Ashley Williams and Kimberly Williams-Paisley.
- August 1st: “Love on the Sidelines” with Emily Kinney and John Reardon
- Aug 8th: “Frozen in Love” starring Rachael Leigh Cook & Niall Matter.
- August 15th: “Surprised by Love” with Hilarie Burton and Paul Campbell.
- Aug 22nd: “Bottled with Love” stars Bethany Joy Lenz and Andrew Walker.
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Wednesday for “Approved with Megan and Wendy” – the podcast where we ask each other every week what we’re currently using and loving. Don’t waste any more time or money on products that don’t live up to their promises.
You can also find us on “Girls Gone Hallmark” on Tuesdays and Thursdays where we review new and fan-favorite Hallmark movies and ask the question: Did you see that?
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy continues on Patreon! New episodes, four times a month, where we cover everyday life, pop culture, and more!