Megan and Wendy share some summer budgeting tips so that you aren’t losing your mind – or wallet – in the next few months. Plus, a Downton Abbey costume party, stupid Old Navy prices, a racist prom-posal, and Monkey Pox.
Tell us the one thing that stresses you out about summer? Email us at email@example.com
Where to Find More Megan and Wendy
- Our website – www.meganandwendy.com
- Follow us on Instagram – @meganandwendy
- On TikTok – @meganandwendy
Mentioned in this Episode
- From the “Final Destination” Files
- Not sure these Clorox Wipes will help wipe out the Monkeypox outbreak but they sure were a funny birthday gift back in very early March 2020.
- Appalling George Floyd promposal in Orange County.
So Many Thoughts About Old Navy
- The long sleeve pajama top in the photo is currently on sale for $22
- Megan’s favorite Luxe Tank super discounted currently $8.49-$9.99 (with an extra 10% taken off at checkout)
- A few good tips on how to always save money at Old Navy (from 2021)
- Old Navy backlash over extended sizes via WSJ
Downton Abbey and Bridgerton, What’s the Difference? Wendy Asks
- Downton Abbey takes place in 1912 and 1926
- Bridgerton takes place in 1813
If you have a compelling argument for why Wendy should watch either Downton Abbey or Bridgerton, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Budgeting How-To!
Want to get started on creating your own summer budget? Check out the following posts Megan wrote a few years back.
Budgeting Tips Galore
- Analyze your current financial situation, especially spending habits.
- Reassess your wants versus your needs for the season.
- Make savings and debt payoff your number one priority.
- Break up your expenses to avoid overspending (i.e. plan for nights out but not 20 nights out)
- Stretch budget with rewards, coupons, kids eat free, free community activities.
- Grocery pickup to stick to food budgets and reduce impulse buys.
- Plan for “no spend” days, challenge older kids to come up with no spend ideas, ditch the car for a day (especially with the high cost of gas)
- Shop sales during Labor Day, 4th of July and Back to School sales. Plan for what is needed and when you can get the best deal available.
- When traveling, source hotels with a free breakfast or an in-room kitchen to reduce eating out costs. Use that money for experiences instead.
- Explore your FAS options: some can be used for summer camps and summer child care.
- Create a summer meal plan to save on last minute takeaway food orders.
- Stay tuned for our Summer Meal Planning Mini Episode available on 6/14.
Megan and Wendy Approved!
- Armor All Cleaning Wipes ($11.99/variety of 3)
- Trader Joe’s Rose Water Facial Toner ($3.99)
- Watch Megan’s 60 second review of this product when we were making videos!