Megan and Wendy review Hallmark Channel’s “Romance to the Rescue” starring Andrea Brooks, Marcus Rosner and Nova as Sam the Dog. Plus, find out what “Full Busby” means and how they’ll use it going forward (thanks to Michael from the Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group for that gem!).
Did Hallmark Channel’s programming for May totally disappoint or did you find at least one good movie in the bunch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Hallmark Talk? Join Our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group
We’e excited to introduce a brand new Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook group for the biggest Hallmark movie fans. Want to share your own review on the newest movie? Participate in fun polls and games? Have a laugh about the ridiculous storylines? It’s all happening in our brand new Facebook group!
Don’t miss out on: Girls Gone Hallmark – Hallmark Movies Fan Group
News and Notes about “Romance to the Rescue”
- Heather Hawthorn Doyle directed this movie. She has over 30 directing credits including “Advice to Love By,” “A Little Daytime Drama,” and a couple of the “A Godwink Christmas” movies.
- Barbara Kymlicka wrote this film. She also wrote “Don’t Forget I Love You” and “Baby It’s Cold Inside” -two movies we’ve reviewed.
- Andrea Brooks plays Kyra. She’s got a ton of acting credits, mostly known for “When Calls the Heart.” This was her lead Hallmark role. Also was in “UnREAL” in 2015.
Do You Think Andrea Brooks Looks Like Maddie Poppe?
- Marcus Rosner plays Kevin. Looks like he has a lot of TV movie acting credits, but we’ve never reviewed any of his Hallmark roles. He was also in UnREAL.
- This movie was acquired from Johnson Production Group.
- Filmed Langley, British Columbia
- Heavy.com estimates a 2 million budget for this movie.
- Originally the film was called “Sit, Stay, Love.”
- It was reported the movie filmed from March 2021-May 2021.
- They sometimes used a puppy stand-in.
Summer Nights Coming Soon!
Wondering what new movies are coming to Hallmark in June? We’re sharing all the Summer Nights details here. PLUS, we’ll have a first look, first impression preview episode next week.
Going, Going, GONE
Grab one of our Dudes of Hallmark t-shirts before they are no longer available.
Dudes of Hallmark T-Shirt
Hallmark movie fans, wear your fandom loud and proud with this selection of just a few of our favorite Hallmark hunks!
Fitted, comfortable, and soft—this t-shirt was made just for you. And it can withstand several washings while maintaining its shape, so it’s great for everyday wear!
• 100% fine jersey cotton
• Heather grey is 90% cotton, 10% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.3 oz/y² (146 g/…