A rom-com movie marathon on Hallmark Channel is schedule for all-day Saturday, March 19th. Hallmark is calling it the “Here Comes the Rom Com-a-Thon” and it kicks off 7a/6c with a seven movie line up. We’ve got all the details for each movie plus we’ll let you know if you should skip it based on our previous reviews.
Rom Com-a-Thon Marathon
With Spring Into Love movies on the horizon, Hallmark needs to fill the needs of its loyal movie watchers with something. Looks like this marathon is themed around wedding movies, so let’s dig in and see what’s on the schedule.
Here’s what to expect on Saturday, March 19th.
- “Yes, I Do” (2018) – stars Jen Lilley, Jessica Lowndes and Marcus Rosner. From IMDB: Busy chocolatier Charlotte has left mechanic James at the altar twice. Now she needs to prove to him that she really does want to marry him. Things are complicated when James’ ex-girlfriend arrives on the scene and says she wants him back.
- “From Friend to Fiance” (2019) – stars Jocelyn Hudon, Ryan Paevey, Kelly Kruger and Andrew Cymek. From IMDB: When Ted gets engaged to the high school mean girl and asks Jess, his childhood best friend, to plan their wedding, things get complicated. Her true feelings for Ted keep getting in the way.
- “Destination Wedding” (2017) – stars Alexa PenaVega, Jeremy Guilbaut, Rafael Simon, and Andrea Brooks. This one was written by Hallmark fan favorite Nina Weinman. From IMDb: Ellie’s ex, Greg, is best man at her sister’s wedding at a beach resort in Acapulco. When the bride and groom miss their airplanes, it’s up to Ellie and Greg to make decisions concerning the wedding etc. so they’re forced together a lot.
- “Beverly Hills Wedding” (2021) – starring Brendan Penny and Brooke D’Orsay. We reviewed this one on the podcast.
- “The Wedding Veil” (2022) – Hallmark’s biggest movie ever starring Lacey Chabert, Autumn Reeser, and Alison Sweeney. We loved this first movie in The Wedding Veil event! Listen to our review here.
- “The Wedding Veil Unveiled” (2022) – this is the second movie in The Wedding Veil trilogy. Gorgeous scenery! Listen to our review here.
- “The Wedding Veil Unveiled” (2022) – The final movie focuses on Alison Sweeney’s character and if she will also find love when she has the veil. Listen to our review to see if we liked all three movies.
Ya Gotta Have Heart Marathon (aired March 5th)
A rom-com movie marathon on Hallmark Channel is schedule for all-day Saturday, March 5th. Hallmark is calling it the “Ya Gotta Have Heart Marathon” and it kicks off 10a/9c with a seven movie line up. We’ve got all the details for each movie plus we’ll let you know if you should skip it based on our previous reviews.
With the absence of a new movie the first weekend in March, Hallmark is giving viewers a full day of romantic comedies. You might wonder how they came up with this particular slate of movies but a closer look shows that each movie stars a fan favorite actor from Hallmark’s “When Calls the Heart.” Sadly not a Lacey Chabert movie in the bunch. However, we do get a Tyler Hynes flick so all is not lost. But, we also get Cindy Busby in the movie, so you win some, you lose some.
The season premiere of “When Calls the Heart” is Sunday, March 6th. So expect to see a ton of promotion for the new season starring Erin Krakow, Chris McNally, Kevin McGarry, Pascale Sutton, and Kavan Smith.
Hallmark’s Spring into Love kicks off the following Saturday. See the full line up here. We’ll be back with our recap and review of “Feeling Butterflies” on Thursday, March 17th.
Hallmark Rom-Com Line Up
Here’s what to expect on Saturday, March 5th.
- “My Favorite Wedding” (2017) will air at 10a/9c. It stars Maggie Lawson and Paul Greene as Tess and Michael. Tess is put to task to save her best friend’s wedding and sparks fly with the groom’s best man. This movie got a 6.2/10 rating on IMDb. Reviews vary from “cute movie” to “one of the most annoying lead characters I’ve ever seen.” Maggie Lawson has also been seen in Hallmark’s “Christmas in Evergreen: Tidings of Joy” and Paul Greene plays Dr. Carson Sheppard on “When Calls the Heart.”
- “In the Key of Love” (2019) airs at 12/11c. This movie stars Laura Osnes, Scott Michael Foster and Andrea Brooks. Maggie and Jake are ex’s who reunite when Maggie returns home to photograph Jake’s sister’s wedding. We’ll get to hear Broadway performer Laura Osnes sing as there will be a duet between Maggie and Jake. “In the Key of Love” got a 6.2/10 rating on IMDb. Reviews are harsh, “one of the worst movies from Hallmark” and “yuck, just plain yuck.” But it looks like Laura Osnes gets praise for her “beautiful voice.” Osnes was last seen in Hallmark’s “Christmas in Tahoe” while Scott Michael Foster was in “Love, For Real.” Andrea Brooks – who plays Jake’s sister Jennifer is known as Dr. Faith Carter on “When Calls the Heart.”
We’ve Reviewed a Few of these Rom-Coms
- “You Had Me at Aloha” (2021) airs at 2/1c and stars Pascale Hutton and Kavan Smith. Hutton is known for her role as Rosemary Coulter and Smith plays Leland Coulter on “When Calls the Heart.” We reviewed “You Had Me at Aloha” and enjoyed the story of Paige and Ben who clash as co-hosts of a travel show. It’s obvious these two have a history of working together and the chemistry is noticeable on screen.
- “My Boyfriend’s Back: Wedding March 5” (2019) airs at 4/3c. This movie is part of a series of movies starring Jack Wagner and Josie Bissett. We reviewed “Sealed with a Kiss: Wedding March 6” and pretty much agreed that this movie series could have concluded a long time ago. However, this movie also stars Tyler Hynes as ex-boyfriend Brad and the best man to Annalise’s future husband. The IMDb rating is 6.2/10 with reviews like “Cindy Busby and Tyler Hynes have no chemistry” but also “nice surprise” and “it had me laughing out loud.” Jack Wagner plays Bill Avery and Josie Bissett played AJ Foster on “When Calls the Heart” but not since 2018.
- “Snowkissed” (2021) airs at 6/5c and stars Jen Lilley and Chris McNally. We reviewed this movie back in early 2021. The scenery is gorgeous and the interior used as the B&B is darling but it still remains one of Jen Lilley’s worst movies. She plays a travel-averse journalist who ends up helping a handsome B&B owner become a local tour guide. IMDb gives this one 6.1/10 with reviews like “cold kisses” and “what a bore.” Chris McNally is nice to look at with his super cute dimples. He is known for his role as Lucas Bouchard on “When Calls the Heart.”
Rom-Com in Primetime on Hallmark
- “A Summer Romance” (2019) airs at 8/7c. This primetime movie stars Hallmark heavy hitters Erin Krakow and Ryan Paevey as Samantha and Richard. When Richard shows up in Montana interested in buying Samantha’s family ranch, Samantha doesn’t trust him but later realizes she’s falling for him. IMDb rates this 6.8/10 with reviews like “charming stars” and “two strong performances.” Erin Krakow plays Elizabeth Thatcher on “When Calls the Heart.”
- “Winter Castle” (2019) caps off the rom-com movie marathon on Hallmark at 10/9c. This movie stars Kevin McGarry and Emilie Ullerup. Jenny finds herself smitten with best man Craig while at her sister’s destination ice hotel wedding. What happens when Craig brings a plus-one and Jenny’s dreams are dashed? IMDb reviewers give this movie 6.5/10 saying it’s “worth the watch” but also “not really a romance.” We’re Kevin McGarry fans (sans the Boston accent he used in “The Wedding Veil”). He is known for his role as Nathan Grant on “When Calls the Heart.”