The number one travel accessory, don’t leave home without out is a set of CALPAK packing cubes. Take it from this gal who thought travel cubes weren’t necessary.
In preparation for our trip to Walt Disney World earlier this summer, I forked out a ridiculous amount of money for a set of CALPAK packing cubes. Megan had told me for years how great packing cubes were but I just didn’t get the appeal. I was still skeptical even after purchasing this set of CALPAK Oh Joy! packing cubes but found that packing cubes are the best travel invention ever.
Packing cubes are readily available on Amazon. I’ve seen them discounted at TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack. I set out to purchase the Oh Joy! version from CALPAK simply because they were so cute and I ordered them from Nordstrom because I had a gift card.
What Do Packing Cubes Do?
- Packing cubes or travel cubes are meant to keep you organized, your clothing compressed and give you more room in your suitcase or carry-on bag.
- Ideally, you will know what each packing cube contains making unpacking so much easier. Many packing cubes have a mesh panel allowing you to see what is in each cube.
- Packing cubes help keep your clothes free from wrinkles.
- Use packing cubes for things other than clothes. Think health and beauty items, power cords, scarves, socks and belts.
- Designate a packing cube for your dirty clothes. This way you know for sure if you have worn that pair of underwear or not.
BUY: Disney “I’m Here for the Photos” Ringer Tee for Women (in photo above)
How Travel Cubes Made a Difference for Me
I was happy when packing my suitcase for Disney World because the packing cubes fit just right with room to spare. I used a packing cube for all my undergarments, bathing suits and pajamas, one for all my shorts, and one for t-shirts and dresses. I also used one for hairbrushes, hair products and a curling iron.
Packing for home is where I really noticed the benefit of the CALPAK packing cube. It was like they were infinitely spacious. We had purchased a bunch of Disney merch and I was able to get even more into each packing cube. I stuffed all of the dirty clothes together which meant I unzipped those bad boys and dumped them right into the washing machine when I unpacked. In fact, this was the easiest unpacking I’ve ever experienced!
Packing Cubes Make a Great Gift
I’m so happy with my CALPAK Oh Joy! set and plan on getting my husband a (less feminine) set since he travels for work so often. Packing cubes also make a great wedding gift or Christmas gift. I wish I would have listened to Megan sooner and got on the packing cube train years ago!