First of all, let me be clear that I don’t think that we need to avoid candy and treats on Valentine’s Day on some sort of principle. It’s a holiday! Treat it up! However, I know that lots of schools have rules about bringing treats and in the interest of making Valentines safe for kids with allergies, I’m all about a non-candy Valentines for the classroom.
We found each of the following items on Amazon, so you don’t even need to leave your house to find these things (although the Target valentine aisle is always overrun with cute little trinkets.) As a bonus we’ve sourced free printables to go along with each of these items. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.
11 Non-Candy Valentines for the Classroom
- Shopkins – I think we could probably do an entire class of valentines with our stash at home and not even notice that they’re missing, to be honest.
Use this free Shopkins valentine printable and call it a day.
- Bubbles! – My kids might pretend like they’re too cool for bubbles, but if a herd of bubbles floats their way there is no way they can resist running through it.
Need a bubble valentine printable? We’ve got you covered.
- Pencils – Fun and useful!
You’re a smart cookie, so you know what’s next – pencil valentine printable!
- Play Doh – I’m not sure who loves a fresh, unmixed can of Play Doh more – me, or the kids.
Don’t forget the Play-Doh Printable Valentine!
- Sunglasses – Because they’re fun. Do you need another reason?
- Word Search Booklets – These are great because you can tape pretty much ANY valentine to these – store bought or printable, and you’re DONE.
- Rulers – Fun, useful, colorful, and the sort of thing we never seem to have around when we need them!
And yes, there’s a “You Rule!” printable!
- Coloring Books – Mostly because I think these “You Color My World” printables are too freaking cute for words.
- Whistles – Parents will hate you, kids will love you. The true mark of a great gift if you ask me.
Plus, you gotta love a good pun!
- Emoji keychains – My daughter would flip if these made their way into her valentine mailbox. (and quite frankly, I love them too.)
Don’t forget your emoji printable!
- Dinosaurs – Doesn’t every kid go through a dino phase?
Tape one of these dinos to the dinosaur joke printable valentines found here and you’re set!
Pin this post for Valentine inspiration whenever you need it!