Do you have a pre-teen or teenager at home ready to start wearing makeup? We think a mix of nostalgia, a few moderately priced products and a heavy dose of drugstore favorites are perfect for your budding makeup wearer. Here’s our makeup gift guide filled with fun goodies any teenager would love to open on Christmas morning. Updated for 2021.
My daughter has just tipped her toe into wanting to wear makeup. First it was mascara, now a little concealer and some bronzer. I’m totally ok with it but do have a few concerns such as skin care but I’m excited for her new interests.
Click on any photo below to shop from your favorite retailer like Target, Ulta and Amazon. Affiliate links.
Best Makeup Storage Containers
I bet you had a Caboodle when you were growing up, didn’t you? I did. It was purple and I had it well into my early twenties. It brings such joy to see them make a comeback lately.
I bought my daughter a Caboodle last Christmas and it was a hit. Plus, it stores all her products and brushes away and off her countertop.
If you’re looking for something that can sit on the counter and still look pretty, I love this simple acrylic organizer. It’s a perfect size for someone with a few makeup products.
Drugstore Makeup Favorites for Tweens and Teens
Here are some favorite go-to products your tween would love to see in her stocking this year.
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara ($5)
- Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer ($14)
- Real Techniques Complexion Sponge and Powder Sponge Duo ($9)
Got a few extra dollars to spend? I suggest any of these from Ulta.
- Wet n Wild Wild Heart Artistry Palette ($20)
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shine ($10)
- MAC Tiny Tricks Mini Lipglass Trio ($25)
My daughter is all about makeup collaborations. Here are a few popular ones this year:
- Morphe x Sour Patch Kids Sour Than Sweet Artistry Palette ($22)
- Morphe X Sour Patch Kids Pucker Party Lip Gloss ($10)
- Saved By the Bell Full Collection ($70)
Start with Clean Skin Before and After Makeup
I think skin care and makeup go hand-in-hand in this tween makeup gift guide. Here’s our picks for a few skin care products your tween should definitely have.
- Kinship Glow Squad 4 Step Routine ($36)
- First Aid Beauty FAB Faves to Go ($30)
- Clinique 3-Step Introduction Kit ($21)
Still shopping for more gifts? Click here to see all of our 2021 gift guides! We’ve got something for everyone.