This week Megan and Wendy review “Love on the Air” starring Alison Sweeney and Jonathan Scarfe as radio hosts who spar on-air. This movie premiered in 2015 and drew a 6.9/10 on IMDb in user ratings. Girls Gone Hallmark will review Hallmark favorites all summer long! See the calendar below so you can watch along.
Email the show and let us know which older Hallmark Channel movie you would like Girls Gone Hallmark to review! Email: email@example.com
About “Love on the Air”
- This film took place in Chicago but was filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Alison Sweeney plays Sonia. We most recently saw her in “Carrot Cake Murder: A Hannah Swensen Mystery” which premiered on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Before that, she worked on “The Wedding Veil” series.
- Jonathan Scarfe plays Nick. He has in impressive 93 acting credits including 49 episodes of a TV series called “Van Helsing”. The last Hallmark movie he did was called “The Dater’s Handbook” from 2016 with Kris Polaha and the Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle.
- Vincent Gale plays Brad – the radio station manager. We last saw him in “The Wedding Cottage” where he plays Brendan Penny’s art dealer.
- John Kapelos plays Gus. He currently has over 200 acting credits. He has such a recognizable face and has been in so many things including “The Breakfast Club.”
- #JusticeforClooney – the sweet rescue dog Clooney was not credited on IMDb.
Who Are Tippi and Neal H. Dobrofsky?
- Directed by Kristoffer Tabori who currently has 54 directing credits including the “Murder She Baked” series from (2015-2017), “Garage Sale Mysteries” and “The Irresistible Blueberry Farm.” According to IMDb, he also directs under the name K.T. Donaldson and is credited as an actor under the name of Kris Tabori.
- Story credit is given to Sharon Soboil. She has just 10 writing credits including several children’s cartoons like “Doc McStuffins,” “Handy Manny,” and “Imagination Movers” in the mid 2000s.
- Tippi and Neal H. Dobrofsky are credited with writing the script for “Love on the Air.” These two have written a lot for Hallmark Channel including “Love Strikes Twice,” “You Had me at Aloha,” several episodes of “When Calls the Heart.” In 2020, they had written their 30th movie for Hallmark called “The Christmas Doctor” starring Holly Robinson Peete.
- Fun fact: In 2021 they co-wrote the first original holiday movie for Peacock along with their son Spyder Dobrofsky. It was called “The Real Housewives of the North Pole” and starred Kyle Richards. There hasn’t been anything new on Hallmark Channel from the Dobrofskys in the last few years.
Based on feedback from the awesome Girls Gone Hallmark community, Megan and Wendy will review older Hallmark movies as requested by listeners! Most, if not all, of the following movies are available on Hallmark Movies Now.
- May 30th: “Mystery 101” starring Kris Polaha.
- June 6th: “Love to the Rescue” with Michael Rady and Nikki DeLoach.
- June 13th: “Wedding Every Weekend” starring Kimberley Sustad and Paul Campbell.
- June 20th: “Love on the Air” with stars Alison Sweeney and Jonathan Scarfe.
- June 27th: “The Beach House” starring Minka Kelly, Andie MacDowell, and Chad Michael Murray.
- July 4th: “Christmas Sail” stars Katee Sackhoff, Patrick Sabongui, and Terry O’Quinn.
- July 11th: “You, Me & the Christmas Trees” with Danica McKellar and Benjamin Ayres.
- July 18th: “My Christmas Family Tree” starring Aimee Teegarden and Andrew Walker.
- July 25th: “”Sister Swap: Christmas in the City” Ashley Williams and Kimberly Williams-Paisley.
- August 1st: “Love on the Sidelines” with Emily Kinney and John Reardon
- Aug 8th: “Frozen in Love” starring Rachael Leigh Cook & Niall Matter.
- August 15th: “Surprised by Love” with Hilarie Burton and Paul Campbell.
- Aug 22nd: “Bottled with Love” stars Bethany Joy Lenz and Andrew Walker.
More Hallmark Talk? Join Our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group
Join our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group! Tons of great people – just like you – who love Hallmark movies. We’re talking new movies, favorite movies, actors, Hallmark gossip, and so much more. Free to join, so click the link below or search “Girls Gone Hallmark” in Facebook Groups.
Don’t miss out on: Girls Gone Hallmark – A Group for Hallmark Movie Fans
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Wednesday for “Approved with Megan and Wendy” – the podcast where we ask each other every week what we’re currently using and loving. Don’t waste any more time or money on products that don’t live up to their promises.
You can also find us on “Girls Gone Hallmark” on Tuesdays and Thursdays where we review new and fan-favorite Hallmark movies and ask the question: Did you see that?
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy continues on Patreon! New episodes, four times a month, where we cover everyday life, pop culture, and more!