Running away to Las Vegas for the weekend? Why not fly a private jet to Vegas? Ok, not totally private but JetSuiteX is pretty dang close.
We recently flew a semi private jet to Vegas with JetSuiteX and it was the easiest flight experience I’ve ever had. See, I really don’t like to fly – like, at all. But, I love to go on vacation and sometimes air travel is a requirement to getting to my destination. The whole airport process coupled with fear of flying is such a drag: traffic, security and lots of humanity just add to my anxiety. I was beyond excited when we booked a flight from Orange County to Las Vegas on JetSuiteX because all the things I dislike about flying weren’t going to be an issue.
What is JetSuiteX?
JetSuiteX is a fairly new semi private jet company flying from private terminals between the Bay Area, Burbank, Orange County, Las Vegas, Phoenix and Seattle. In addition to those routes, JetSuiteX also flies to seasonal or special event destinations.
What’s Different About Flying a Semi Private Jet?
You can forget most of the commercial air travel rules when flying a semi private jet to Vegas. JetSuiteX wants passengers to arrive only 20 minutes prior to their departure time. You won’t have to endure a security line or x-ray machine and you can keep your shoes on. As soon as everyone is settled in on the 30 passenger airplane, wheels up and you’re off.
There isn’t any in-flight entertainment but there are beverages, cocktails and snack service – which is all included in the cost of your ticket. The newest jets offer power outlets.
Will you fly in the lap of luxury? No. It’s not a P.J. You won’t be able to take a shower or play poker on this aircraft. But, JetSuiteX does offer a nice, clean aircraft with leather seats and plenty of leg room. And, the ground and in-flight crew are heads and tails above what you receive on a commercial flight.
JetSuiteX from OC to Las Vegas
I really had no idea what to expect from JetSuiteX. Yes, your travel experience will look and feel different when flying with this semi private jet company but have no fear, it’s so worth it.
- Flights from Orange County leave from ACI Jet on Campus Drive. You’ll get an email or text with the address. No pre-check is required.
- Passengers should arrive 20 minutes before departure time.
- Valet parking is the only available option and costs $30 per day which must be paid when leaving your vehicle. Uber/Lyft is recommended.
- Photo identification is required when checking in. You will receive a boarding pass. This process takes all of five minutes.
- All carry-on bags will be swabbed for security purposes.
- Passengers are allowed two free checked bags and one carry-on.
- Water, coffee and snacks are available in the waiting area. There are plenty of seats available to relax and charge your phone prior to boarding.
- You will board via the tarmac. Don’t be embarrassed to take a selfie or photos of your friends when climbing the stairs into the jet. JetSuiteX encourages this though it’s against rules to photograph the aircraft’s tail number.
- Seats are assigned. The jet has a single seat on one side of the airplane and two seats together on the other.
- You’ll stow your carry-on bag under the seat in front of you. There are no overhead bins.
- Flight attendants will offer beverages, cocktails and snacks.
- You’ll land in Las Vegas.
- The crew will unload checked luggage and then you’ll deplane.
Tips After Landing in Las Vegas
- The JetSuiteX Las Vegas terminal has recently moved. You will want to give your Uber/Lyft driver the updated address when getting picked up and dropped off.
- You cannot go back into the building after you’ve left it. So, use the restroom before exiting.
- In our experience, Uber/Lyft wasn’t readily available and we had to wait 15 minutes to get picked up. You might considering ordering your ride shortly after landing.
Related: Road Trippin’ to Las Vegas
I will definitely fly JetSuiteX again. I hope they start to offer additional routes but I can totally be convinced to take another trip to the areas they fly to currently.