Well, it’s the season for summer dresses and bathing suits and with it comes that awful, stinging, burning rash on the inner thighs. Looking for solutions on how to stop inner thigh chafing? YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Today, we’re sharing our favorite, go-to, often used products to help prevent inner-thigh chafing.
Why the F*ck Are My Thighs Burning?
Chafing is a very common problem many people experience but no one talks about it. Friction, moisture or irritating fabrics are all culprits of chafing and not only does it happen on the inner thighs, it can occur on the buttocks, nips, groins, feet, and pits.
My Inner-Thighs Touch, Now What?
Hey, guess what? My inner thighs not only touch, they stick and rub and smash up together. I swear if I was in some Survivor fire making challenge, I’d just walk around in a dress for two minutes and my tribe would have fire.
If you’ve landed here looking for how to stop inner thigh chafing, I’m betting your thighs touch too. So, how do you prevent that pesky and painful thigh burn when you want to wear a dress, skirt, shorts or bathing suit? Here’s our go-to favorites:
Shop using our affiliate links below.
Get a Slip but Make it Shorts
The absolute best way to avoid thigh chafing is to wear a pair of slip shorts. Slip shorts are lingerie-inspired, silky soft shorts you would wear underneath a dress or skirt. These are not like Spanx, so don’t let the image of squeezing into body constricting tights stop you from buying these.
- Undersummers: this is my favorite, woman-owned brand of slip shorts. They offer options including their Classic Anti-Chafing Shortlette in a variety of lengths, rises and colors, lux cotton collection, a boxer brief style, swim options and maternity options.
- Jockey Skimmies: these are the slip shorts Megan owns and she prefers the cooling slipshorts made with microfiber fabric. They also offer a variety of lengths, including full bodysuits, high-rise for a little more full coverage, and maternity.
Related: Breathable Undies for Women
Products to Help Prevent Chafing
First and foremost, damp skin can make chafing much worse. You’ve been at the pool, right? Chasing kids or climbing steps for the hotel waterslide and WHAMMO! you start to feel your inner thighs burn. You’ve gotta keep that skin as dry as possible and a powder product is the way to go. Throw any one of these into your pool or beach bag.
- Gold Bond Fresh Scent Spray Powder
- Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Baby Powder with Aloe and Chamomile
- Burt’s Bees Baby Dusting Powder 100% Natural, Talc-Free
- LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder, Vegan
- Megababe Body Dust, Ultra-Fine, Talc-Free + Megababe Dust Puff
- Megababy Bust Dust
Even More Anti-Chafing Options to Add to Your Arsenal
Did you even know there were so many anti-chafe products to help prevent even an ounce of sting in the inner thighs? Megan and I have used every single of of the following products and they get our APPROVED! sign off.
- Body Glide Original Anti-Chafe Balm
- Megababe Thigh Rescue Anti-Friction Stick or Unscented, Fragrance-Free
- Monistat Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel
- Gold Bond Friction Defense Stick, Unscented
In a pinch, your everyday deodorant will work to prevent thigh chafe as well.
What About Chafing in Other Places?
Chafing isn’t limited to inner thighs.
You can use any of the APPROVED! products on any place you experience chafing. Our favorite is the Megababe Bust Dust in a non-aerosol pump design to spray their ultra-fine Body Dust (it’s the same product) right underneath the breasts. It’s awesome.
Do your armpits chafe when wearing a sleeveless top? No more! Any one of the anti-chafe balms, anti-friction sticks or powder gels will totally prevent that.
Life is too short to be miserable, right? Powder up and lube up and enjoy your summer.