Everyone is always asking for a double tap on a photo – or, my favorite, she says sarcastically – to smash that like button. We get it. We’ve been asking people to subscribe to our YouTube channel and to share our stuff for years. And now, we’ve got the podcast and every week we ask listeners to rate and review the show so others can find us in Apple podcasts. But how? Today we’re going to tell you how to review a podcast in the Apple Podcast App.
Five Steps to Write a Podcast Review
- Open the purple Podcasts app on your iPhone.
- Click the podcast you want to leave a review for. You can find it in your library if you already subscribe to that particular podcast or search the name.
- Scroll down to Ratings & Reviews. You may have to scroll a bunch if this podcast has a ton of episodes.
- Select “Write a Review” (this option will be located right under another review).
- Tap the stars to rate the podcast, type in your review (don’t overthink the title or what you write – all feedback is welcomed!) and press send.
Why Should I Review a Podcast?
The best reason I’ve read on why podcasters are always asking for ratings and reviews is this:
Because ratings and reviews are social proof. Like star ratings on Amazon, or written reviews on Airbnb, your show’s ratings and reviews are a public-facing signal of quality. (via Pacific Content)
Sure, landing on Apple’s Top Charts list would be a vision board manifestation come true. But, there are a lot of podcasts out there and when you aren’t a celebrity podcaster with a built in audience, you’ve got to ask for the rating and review.
Related: How to listen to a podcast
Podcast Ratings Are Anonymous in Apple
If you are only leaving a star rating, your name will not be shown. Rating are anonymous. However, Apple will display your Apple nickname (not your full name attached to your Apple ID) when you leave a review.
Worried about leaving constructive criticism with your name attached? You can change your Apple nickname but only on your Apple computer, not the iOS. See here for steps on doing that.
If you have any other questions on how to review a podcast in the Apple podcast app, please leave us a comment and we’ll help you!