If you want to receive a letter from the North Pole, you must send a first-class stamped envelope no later December 7, 2019. The Anchorage, AK Postmaster MUST RECEIVE your letter by December 14, 2019. Get all the details below.
I write with a heavy heart that my tween doesn’t really believe in Santa anymore. It felt like we waited years for her to really get the magic of Santa and then poof! a conversation amongst teammates in the back of my car during carpool left her wondering exactly how those gifts got under our tree. It was a truly sad moment. On the other hand, I guess I should be relieved that she doesn’t think we’d actually let some stranger come down our chimney and in our home while we sleep.
I’m all for letting kids believe for however long they want to. There are so many articles on the internet that call kids idiots for believing in Santa after the age of 8 and blame parents for perpetuating that Santa lie. I say do Christmas your way. Life is just too damn short to listen to those who say otherwise.
How to Get a Letter From Santa Postmarked from the North Pole
One year I thought I had my Christmas to-do list together. Getting a personalized letter from Santa with a legitimate postmark from the North Pole would just be the coolest thing ever, right? Unfortunately, I sent it in way too late and received Santa’s letter well into January. I tucked it away with all our holiday stuff knowing that one day I’ll pull it out and tell my daughter the story of how I came up short in the supermom category.
According to the USPS website, letters should arrive in Anchorage, AK no later than December 15th to ensure Santa’s helpers get a letter back in your mailbox before Christmas. This means, letters should be sent before December 8th. Better be safe than sorry, mail it off ASAP so you have it well in advance.
Follow These Steps to Get Your Letter from Santa
I find the USPS instructions far too confusing so I’m going to give you the very basic steps on how to get a letter from the North Pole and win Christmas.
- You need to write a letter to your child and sign it from Santa Claus. Let it be known that the postmaster in Anchorage, AK is simply sending your letter back. No one there is opening, reading or signing these letters.
- You now need TWO envelopes and one must fit inside the other (think legal and letter sized envelopes or something similar).
- Put the letter from Santa in the smaller envelope and seal it closed.
- Address the smaller envelope to your child with your full mailing address. In the return address section, write Santa Claus and North Pole.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Affix a first-class stamp on the smaller envelope.
Almost done, now follow these steps.
- Put the smaller envelope into the larger envelope and seal.
- Address the larger envelope to the following:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK POSTMASTER
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
- Affix appropriate first-class postage and mail.
I know it seems like a million steps but it’s very easy to get a letter from the North Pole and your kids will be so wowed. Now, what ever will you write to your child as Santa? Leave a comment if you want to see some letter ideas!