Megan and Wendy recap and review Hallmark Channel’s “Hearts Down Under” this week and it’s real obvious who hated this movie. Plus, another email that made Megan’s whole body clench. The director of “Right in Front of Me” emailed the show. You’ve gotta hear what she wrote.
You can email us too at email@example.com! We’d love to hear what you thought about Hearts Down Under or any of the Hallmark Channel movies we’ve discussed.
News and Notes about Hearts Down Under
- Hearts Down Under originally aired on Netflix Australia in 2020 under the title Romance on the Menu.
- The movie was filmed on location in Australia, specifically in Queensland. It’s been reported that some of the small village scenes were shot in the suburbs of Shorncliff and Sandgate on the Brisbane Coastline.
- Hearts Down Under was filmed in December 2019. Australia closed its borders to foreign travelers in March 2020 due to the global pandemic.
- Lemon Myrtle Cove and The Seagull Cafe are fictional locations. The cafe scenes were shot at an Australian restaurant called The Hamptons which has varied reviews on Trip Advisor.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Date My Dad was a television series that aired originally on UPTV and starred Barry Watson, Raquel Welch, Matty Finochio and Cindy Busby.
- Chasing Waterfalls starred Cindy Busby and Christopher Russell and premiered during Hallmark Channel’s Spring Fling line up.
What’s Next for Girls Gone Hallmark
Megan and Wendy will be back next week to discuss Baby, It’s Cold Inside. A movie that might trigger a mild panic attack for Megan. We’ll talk more about that next week.
Until then, check out some of our recent main podcast episodes: