This podcast ain’t paying the mortgage. Listen in as Megan and Wendy talk about their thoughts on going back to work after being a SAHM for nearly 15 years. They share why they’ve both been considering returning to the workforce, battling imposter syndrome, and why resumes are the worse to write. Plus, summer’s end, clothes shopping for tweens/teens, new fall Starbucks coffee flavors and why you should shop for Halloween decor now and not in six weeks.
If you have any advice on returning to work after mommin’ or hot tips on remote jobs, email us at email@example.com.
Show Notes: A Labor of Love
Thank you to listener and writer-inner, Lisa, for recognizing the amount of work that goes into the weekly podcast show notes! Some weeks are a lot lighter than others and some are very link heavy (your click on any affiliate link helps support the show, so thank you!). And honestly, Megan definitely has the harder role with editing all of our “ums” and “likes” out of episodes. But, we love the love, so thanks for saying something.
Mentioned during Episode 38
- Join our private Facebook Group and find out about our second round of Shorties Get Moving.
- Follow us on Instagram!
- Megan’s go-to grout cleaner for her big summer projects: Zep Grout Cleaner & Brightener
- Brands with juniors sections: Kohl’s, Macy’s, Tilly’s and Gap “Teen”
- Brandy Melville
- Forever 21 does still exist
- Girls 7-pack underwear from Old Navy
- Great undies for teens – Target’s Auden, PINK hipsters and Aerie seamless bikini
- LEAKED Starbucks fall menu features Apple Crisp Macchiato and Apple Crisp Frappucino
- Starbucks fall menu rumored to start on August 24, 2021
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte non-dairy grocery creamers are now available!
- Target’s Dollar Spot/Bullseye’s Playground Halloween Decor
We Need Your Feedback
If you haven’t had a chance to take our quick survey, we’d appreciate it if you did. As we hit our one-year anniversary of starting the podcast, we want to create content listeners want from us. Click here to fill it out today.
Going Back to Work: The Details
- What is Imposter Syndrome?
- Resume tips with employment gaps
- Etsy resume templates
- Tips to get your LinkedIn profile to stand out in a good way
- Ask a Manager + Ask a Manager Podcast
- LinkedIn Learning – 16,000 online courses to freshen up your skills + 1st month FREE!
- Skillshare – thousands of online classes taught by professionals + 1st month FREE!
- Check your local library website for FREE resources (including LinkedIn Learning and Skillshare)!
Are you going back to work after being a SAHM? What did that look like for you? Email us so we can share your advice with listeners!
Megan and Wendy Approved!
- Instagram gets Wendy again with targeted ads! Grow Fragrance air and fabric freshener in (LIMITED EDITION) seal salt neroli. Smells like a tropical vacation! $12 or 2 for $20
- Grab this cordless, lightweight vacuum Megan swears by! ORFELD Cordless Stick Vacuum $119 with a $10 coupon
Missed an episode? Catch up!