Fall Into Love 2022 continues on the Hallmark Channel with its latest movie “Girlfriendship.” Listen in as Megan and Wendy recap and review this friend-centric film starring Tamera Mowry-Housley, Krystal Joy Brown, Lyndie Greenwood, and Brad James.
A question for you from our Hallmark News and Notes section of the show. Did you see “BROS” starring Luck Macfarlane? Email us your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hallmark News and Notes
- Why “BROS” didn’t do well in theater (from Brooks Barnes, via NYT)
- “Chesapeake Shores” available to stream on the FrndlyTV app and Amazon Video.
- There are six seasons of “Chesapeake Shores” and this current season will be its last.
- The series finale will air on October 16, 2022.
Girls Gone Hallmark has a new home!
We used to be a bonus episode under the Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy banner. Now, Girls Gone Hallmark is its very own podcast! We would love it if you would follow us over there and leave a review! New episodes drop weekly!
Notes About “Girlfriendship”
- This movie was shot in the same location where the storyline takes place: Edisto Island off the South Carolina coast.
- Some of this was partially shot at the Black Octopus Mercantile in North Charleston.
- It was originally titled “Girlfriends’ Summer Getaway.”
- Instagram sleuths deduced that this movie was originally expected to premiere in July.
- “Girlfriendship” was directed by Keshia Knight Pulliam.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam is probably best known as Rudy Huxtable on “The Cosby Show.”
- Knight Pulliam is married to actor Brad James (he plays Kareem in this movie).
Did you know Tamera Mowry-Housley Has a Wellness Brand?
Mowry-Housely started the wellness brand ANSER when she realized she needed to take charge of her health. Supplements included melatonin, vitamin D, and immunity boost.
She also has a memoir titled “You Should Sit Down for This: A Memoir About Wine, Life, and Cookies” as well as a series of books for tweens she co-wrote with her sister Tia Mowry. Get the Twintuition books here.
Countdown to Christmas is Coming!
We’ve made a list of the Countdown to Christmas movies and we’re checking it twice!
Here’s a list of the Hallmark Christmas movies we are reviewing for 2022. Don’t miss the chance to vote on a few of the movies. Join our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group today.
Listen to our Countdown to Christmas Preview Episode! Or check out our look at Hallmark’s 2022 Countdown to Christmas post.
What We’re Watching this Holiday
- “We Wish You a Married Christmas” on 10/22
- ** We will poll the Facebook Group for movies airing 10/28 – 10/30 **
- “A Magical Christmas Village” on 11/4
- “A Maple Valley Christmas” with Andrew Walker on 11/5
- ** We will poll the Facebook Group for movies airing 11/11 – 11/13 **
- “Three Wise Men and a Baby” on 11/19
- “#Xmas” on 11/25
- “Haul Out the Holly” on 11/26
- “Time For Him to Come Home for Christmas” with Tyler Hynes on 11/26
- “A Holiday Spectacular” on 11/27
- “A Fabled Holiday” on 12/3
- “The Holiday Stocking” on 12/3
- “Christmas Class Reunion” on 12/10
- “The Holiday Sitter” on 12/11
- “Holiday Heritage” on 12/16
- “Five More Minutes” Moments Like These” with Ashley Williams on 12/17
- “Hanukkah on Rye” on 12/18
Where to Find More Megan and Wendy
- Our website – www.meganandwendy.com
- Follow us on Instagram – @meganandwendy
- On TikTok – @meganandwendy
Want More from Megan and Wendy?
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Wednesday for “Approved with Megan and Wendy” – the podcast where we ask each other every week what we’re currently using and loving. Don’t waste any more time or money on products that don’t live up to their promises.
You can also find us on “Girls Gone Hallmark” on Tuesdays and Thursdays where we review new and fan-favorite Hallmark movies and ask the question: Did you see that?
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy continues on Patreon! New episodes, four times a month, where we cover everyday life, pop culture, and more!