We both have teenagers in our homes and they can definitely be hard to shop for. Today we’re sharing our newly updated gift guide for teenagers.
This is one of the most popular gift guides the last few years. We’ve searched high and low for gifts that will be rewarded with one of those elusive teenager smiles.
This post contains affiliate links.
Christmas List Ideas for Teenagers
The Original Comfy ($54.99 on Amazon) – Last year my daughter declared the week before Christmas that she wanted a Comfy. I held off last year but this year it’s happening.
Faux Fur Weighted Blanket ($69.99 on Amazon) – Weighted blankets help relieve stress and anxiety. We love this fuzzy faux fur blanket perfect for lounging.
Unique Teen Gifts
- Custom Neon Sign (starts at $36, highly-rated Etsy seller with 20k+ sales) This is such a fun idea for a bedroom or den, for the hard-to-buy-for teenager, or someone who is really into their “brand.”
- Mini Skincare Refrigerator for Bedroom or Bathroom ($49) Did you think this was for a cold soda? Nope. It’s for skincare and it’s probably not a necessity but for less than $50, it’s a fun gift for a bedroom or bathroom.
- Countertop Ice Maker ($515) This machine makes the “good ice.” We both own one and love it and when the teens come over, it’s a real treat. Read our review of the GE Profile Opal 2.0.
What’s Popular with High Schoolers?
Comfort reigns supreme with the high school crowd. From comfy kicks to soft sweats and oversized sweatshirts – one, or all, of these will be welcomed by your teenager.
Crocs, Pillow Slippers and Uggs are Trending for Teens
For real, Crocs are so popular amongst boys and girls right now. My daughter wears them to and from practice, as well as most of the other teenagers at her school.
Crocs Men and Women’s Fuzzy Lined Classic (starting at $25, variety of colors)
Pillow Slippers ($25) – Another super squishy slide sandal that kids are wearing to and from sports, to the beach, around the house, and to school.
The UGG Disquette ($99) – Similar to a fuzzy slipper but has a platform sole. The platform has been very popular this year with teen girls – almost every pair of tennis shoes my daughter owns has a platform sole.
Sweatpants, Crewneck Sweatshirts and Hoodies
Comfortable and oversized? You’ve got a winner. Be warned though: loungewear can be really expensive. Brands like Free City are asking $148 for cotton sweatpants!
We really like these baggy high-waisted joggers available on Amazon ($34, seven colors).
For crewneck sweatshirts and hoodies, check out stores like Urban Outfitters. This Nirvana Smile crewneck ($79) is really popular and often sold out.
Etsy has a great selection of sweatshirts for teenagers too. Looking for something inspirational, a favorite band or artist, or a popular graphic or lyric? Etsy is great and your shopping supports small businesses.
Best Tech Gifts for Teenagers
Tech gifts are a solid best for teenagers. Everything on this list isn’t technically techy but rides adjacent.
- Wireless Gaming Headset ($209) – self-explanatory for those teen gamers on your list.
- 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Hub ($150) – charge the watch, the phone, and the airpods at once.
- Ultra-slim Portable Phone Charger ($33) – Is your teenager’s phone battery always hanging by a thread?
- Apple AirTag ($28) – This is a bluetooth device designed to attach to things often lost, like keys, luggage, backpacks, animals.
- Mini Projector ($70) – This projector could be fun for streaming favorite movies onto their bedroom walls.
- Record Player with External Speakers ($96) – Collecting vinyl is so popular again, too bad we all ditched our turntables a million years ago. This one is highly-rated!
Food Gifts for Teens
Teens love their snacks. My daughter would probably love a multi-pack of Gardetto’s (I actually might get those for our annual white elephant game and watch her lose her mind trying to win them).
Cravebox Snack box with 75 Snacks ($45) – The work has been done for you.
DIY Mochi Ice Cream Kit ($34) Everything you need to make your own mochi ice cream balls at home – minus the ice cream.
Teens Who Want to Be Pampered Gifts
Teens who are too cool for just about everything want to be pampered now and then!
- Noodle. Soap. NOODLE SOAP! ($15)
- Body Shower Steamer Oils ($39)
- Every Man Jack Gift Set ($15)
- Sol de Janerio Bum Bum Body Care Set ($68)
- Laneige Perfect Pair Lip Hydration Kit ($21)
- Olive & June Meet the Mani System ($20)
- Beachwaver Rotating Curling Iron ($69)
Just for fun!
These gift ideas are just for fun because not every gift needs to serve a purpose.
- Power Gemstone Bracelet ($38)
- Coffee Run Wallet ($25) – keep just the essentials close at hand.
- JOMO Journal ($15)
- Squishmallow ($25)
- The Best Friend Game ($16.99)
- 100 Things to Do For Your Well Being Scratch Off Poster ($15)
- “It’s a Good Day to Read a Book” canvas tote bag ($10)