While it’s barely Halloween, Megan and Wendy dive into their “get your pre-holiday shit together” routines as we all transition into what many consider the most wonderful time – and busiest time – of the year. Plus, feeling those empty nest vibes, the worst thing about Disneyland’s Oogie Boogie Bash, and a question about finding money on the ground.
Thank you to the most amazing emails we’ve recently received. Email the show anytime to share feedback, ask questions, request a topic or respond to something we’ve talked about. Click here to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mentioned During Episode 48
- Shorties Facebook Group – join today, totally free!
- Episode 47: When Wendy Had Breast Cancer
- Ted Lasso’s Nate story-line based on real-life business tale
- Disneyland’s Oogie Boogie Bash – Halloween Party
- Theories on why Disneyland’s Trams are not running via MiceChat
- An empty nest guide to Halloween
- Expert advice on when kids should be allowed to trick or treat on their own
- Legal obligations to finding money on the ground
Wendy’s Need to Get These Things Done Before Anything
Hamster wheel, anyone? Does anyone else feel like they must have certain things dialed in before being able to move onto other things, ie projects, holidays, etc?
- Clean out purse, organize wallet, find all cards, throw out receipts.
- Update Google calendar at least a few weeks out, include personal appointments, work schedule, kid extracurriculars, school functions, home maintenance. This helps with seeing what days are/aren’t available for holiday errands, tasks or fun.
- Make a big list and then DO all the things you need to have on hand to avoid micro-anxieties. This includes things like refilling prescriptions, buying stamps, light bulbs, paper goods, personal products, dog food, etc.
- Organize your car, clean out any garbage. Fill a bag with items you sometimes needs in the car, like, nail file, hair brush, Advil, etc.
- Fully charge your electronics. Set up a changing station.
Megan’s Concrete Things to Do Right Now, Pre-Holiday Craziness
- Look at what you want the season to look like. Analyze what’s important and what can be let go of.
- Start your holiday card prep early and update mailing list. This can be done as early as September.
- Start adding baking supplies to regular grocery trips to avoid big expenditures.
- Add gift cards or small hostess gifts to weekly shopping trips so that you will have these things on hand at any given time. No need to stress about last minute gift giving.
Megan and Wendy Approved!
Have you gotten your Approved merch yet? We want to see you in your sweatshirts or sipping from you mugs!