Check out Megan and Wendy’s recap and review of “Family History Mysteries: Buried Secrets” which premiered on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on Sunday, January 8, 2023. This brand new movie stars Janel Parrish and Niall Matter and will hopefully be the first of many more from this great pair.
Email the show: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Podcast Episode Schedule for 2023
Starting the first week of January, new episodes of Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy will move to Thursdays. There is no need to make any changes to your favorite podcast app. Brand new episodes will appear in your podcast feed on Thursdays starting January 5th, 2023.
Girls Gone Hallmark listeners will find new episodes on Tuesdays starting January 3, 2023. Bonus recap episodes of Hallmark Channel’s new original series “The Way Home” will begin on Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
More Hallmark Talk? Join Our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group
Join our Girls Gone Hallmark Facebook Group! Tons of great people – just like you – who love Hallmark movies. We’re talking new movies, favorite movies, actors, Hallmark gossip, and so much more. Free to join, so click the link below or search “Girls Gone Hallmark” in Facebook Groups.
Don’t miss out on: Girls Gone Hallmark – Hallmark Movies Fan Group
Hallmark News and Notes
- Let’s talk ratings
- “The Wedding Veil Expectations” came in at 15 out of 150 original cable telecasts per showbuzzdaily.com. The movie scored 0.21 of the 18-21 demographic and had 2.5 million live viewers. The only programs to rank above the Lacey Chabert movie were sports.
- “Family History Mysteries: Buried Secrets” did not fair as well. It came in at 68/150 original cable telecasts with .04 of the 18-21 demo but still over 1 million live viewers.
Wondering Where to Watch Hallmark Movies?
Our current favorite way to watch Hallmark Channel movies is via Frndly TV. This app has 40+ channels, both live and on-demand, including all three Hallmark Channels!
Our favorite feature is the 72-Hour Look Back which allows you to scroll BACKWARD in the guide to watch or record anything you might have missed over the last three days.
About “Family History Mysteries: Buried Secrets”
- This movie was written by Amber Benson – She has a ton of acting and writing credits. 90s kids might remember her as Tara from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
- She’s also written several other movies including “Ann Rule’s A Murder to Remember” and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries “Morning Show Mysteries” with Holly Robinson Pete, as well as true life crime story “Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer.”
- Directed by Jonathan Wright who also recently directed “The Royal Nanny,” “Jolly Good Christmas” as well as a few other Hallmark Movies & Mysteries films.
- Janel Parrish plays Sophie. She has tons of acting credits. In 2021 appeared in two Hallmark movies: “Coyote Creek Christmas” and “Right in Front of Me.”
- Most might recognize her from her run on “Pretty Little Liars” and as Margot in all three “To All the Boys” movies on Netflix.
- In 2014, Janel participated on season 19 of “Dancing with the Stars,” where she came in third place with partner Val.
- Niall Matter plays Jackson. He has 50 acting credits, including last year’s “When I Think of Christmas,” “The Secrets of Bella Vista” and “Rip in Time”.
- At 25 years old, Niall was in a horrible accident. He was working part time on an oil rig and was crushed inside the cab of a 17 ton drilling rig. Niall was horrifically hurt but doctors were able to save his leg and it took months to learn how to walk again.
- Morgan David Jones plays brother Jonathan. He has 46 acting credits, including several holiday non-Hallmark movies from 2022. His resume also includes a feature film called “Molly’s Game” from 2017.
- Bruce Horak plays long last dad Clark.
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Wednesday for “Approved with Megan and Wendy” – the podcast where we ask each other every week what we’re currently using and loving. Don’t waste any more time or money on products that don’t live up to their promises.
You can also find us on “Girls Gone Hallmark” on Tuesdays and Thursdays where we review new and fan-favorite Hallmark movies and ask the question: Did you see that?
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy continues on Patreon! New episodes, four times a month, where we cover everyday life, pop culture, and more!