Goodbye summer. It’s time to pack away your favorite coconut-scented body creams because fall is at our doorstep. We’re sharing our favorite pumpkin skin care finds so that you can finally step into your basic b*tch self this season.
Pumpkin has tons of benefits to skin, including anti-aging, acne fighter, soothes and softens dry skin, and is a powerful antioxidant. The thing is, you probably aren’t getting all those wonderful benefits when you slap on that “pumpkin spice” scented lip balm. There is a very big difference between a pumpkin enzyme peel and a pumpkin spice bath bomb.
Some of the pumpkin skin care find we share are just for fun and some really do offer a punch of pumpkin pow.
Pumpkin Body Care for Fall
We’ve definitely talked about our love for the seasonal Trader Joe’s pumpkin scented body butter. It definitely delivers with a punch of pumpkin but its thick, creamy consistency makes it one of fall’s greatest hits.
Here are a few other pumpkin body care products we found.
- Hempz brand moisturizers and body masks. I adore the Hempz brand of products. Great quality with essential nutrients, paraben-free, gluten-free and 100% THC-free.
- The award for best product name goes to Duke Cannon Supply Co. with its Basic Ass Pumpkin Spice Latte Bar Soap.
- Another clean, paraben-free, cruelty-free product but this one is for hair: Curls Dynasty Pumpkin Mint Deep Conditioning Mask.
- Pretend like you’re soaking in a coffee with this Pumpkin Spice Bath Bomb.
- TreeHut is a longtime fave of the Long Story Short ladies. There’s a Pumpkin Spice Latte Sugar Scrub available now!
Pumpkin Skin Care Products for Face
Ok, let’s get into the heavy duty pumpkin skin care products. I’ve ranked this from most expensive to affordable. After reading some of the claims about what these products can do, gotta admit, I want to try them!
- This Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask ($60) claims it’s good for dull, uneven skin textures and helps exfoliate and polishes the skin on your face. Read the reviews, some say it’s not for sensitive skin types.
- A two-in-one mask and scrub from Urban Skin Rx ($17.99) has great reviews and is self-warming to reveal radiant skin.
- Bliss Pumpkin Powerhouse Resurfacing and Exfoliating Enzyme Mask ($16) claims to target dull, congested complexions.
- Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic mask ($15.99) promises healthy cell renewal, 100% vegetarian, and contains Manuka honey.
BREAKING NEWS: Trader Joe’s had a brand new pumpkin overnight face mask for 2021. Cross your fingers that it returns in 2022! It is very similar to their watermelon version seen during the summer months. Apply to clean, dry skin at night before bed. I can’t wait to pick this one up and it is likely to be priced lower than any of the pumpkin masks listed above.
Pumpkin-Inspired Make Up
If you really wanted pumpkin head-to-toe, it’s possible. Here are some fun, pumpkin-inspired make up products to complete that fall lewk.
- This e.l.f. shadow palette called pumpkin pie is a steal ($3) and is plain fun to play with.
- Milani (one of my favorite drug store brands) Fruit Fetish Lip Balm in pumpkin spice ($8.99) is non-sticky but we’re unsure if there is any actual taste.
- 3-pack Burt’s Bees Halloween lip balm comes in pumpkin spice, chai and original beeswax. These are perfect for a Boo Bucket!
Are you all in on everything pumpkin this fall? From pumpkin skin care to pumpkin body care products, you can definitely embrace the season. Now excuse me while I go grab one of those enzyme masks because I’m feeling like a little cell turnover might be needed after a long, dry summer.
Love Skincare? Read on!
We love to talk beauty. Read a few of our favorite posts next:
More Beauty Tips and Tricks with Megan and Wendy
We’re Your New Best Friends
Hi, we’re Megan and Wendy! Join us every Wednesday for “Approved with Megan and Wendy” – the podcast where we ask each other every week what we’re currently using and loving. Don’t waste any more time or money on products that don’t live up to their promises.
You can also find us on “Girls Gone Hallmark” on Tuesdays and Thursdays where we review new and fan-favorite Hallmark movies and ask the question: Did you see that?
Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy continues on Patreon! New episodes, four times a month, where we cover everyday life, pop culture, and more!