Goodbye summer. It’s time to pack away your favorite coconut-scented body creams because fall is at our doorstep. We’re sharing our favorite pumpkin skin care finds so that you can finally step into your basic b*tch self this season.
Pumpkin has tons of benefits to skin, including anti-aging, acne fighter, soothes and softens dry skin, and is a powerful antioxidant. The thing is, you probably aren’t getting all those wonderful benefits when you slap on that “pumpkin spice” scented lip balm. There is a very big difference between a pumpkin enzyme peel and a pumpkin spice bath bomb.
Some of the pumpkin skin care find we share are just for fun and some really do offer a punch of pumpkin pow.
Pumpkin Body Care for Fall 2021
We’ve definitely talked about our love for the seasonal Trader Joe’s pumpkin scented body butter. It definitely delivers with a punch of pumpkin but its thick, creamy consistency makes it one of fall’s greatest hits.
Here are a few other pumpkin body care products we found.
- Hempz brand moisturizers and body masks. I adore the Hempz brand of products. Great quality with essential nutrients, paraben-free, gluten-free and 100% THC-free.
- Pumpkin Spice & Vanilla Chai Body Mask
- Beloved from Love Beauty and Planet. You’ll find a blend of naturally sourced ingredients, plant based, paraben-free and cruelty-free. Good stuff here.
- The award for best product name goes to Duke Cannon Supply Co. with its Basic Ass Pumpkin Spice Latte Bar Soap.
- Another clean, paraben-free, cruelty-free product but this one is for hair: Curls Dynasty Pumpkin Mint Deep Conditioning Mask.
- Pretend like you’re soaking in a coffee with the Holler and Glow Pumpkin Spice Bath Bomb.
- Aluminum and paraben-free Native Limited Edition Pumpkin Deodorant. Not really sure I get the point of this product other than it’s a seasonal opportunity.
Pumpkin Skin Care Products for Face
Ok, let’s get into the heavy duty pumpkin skin care products. I’ve ranked this from most expensive to affordable. After reading some of the claims about what these products can do, gotta admit, I want to try them!
- This Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask ($60) claims it’s good for dull, uneven skin textures and helps exfoliate and polishes the skin on your face. Read the reviews, some say it’s not for sensitive skin types.
- A two-in-one mask and scrub from Urban Skin Rx ($17.99) has great reviews and is self-warming to reveal radiant skin.
- Bliss Pumpkin Powerhouse Resurfacing and Exfoliating Enzyme Mask ($16) claims to target dull, congested complexions.
- Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic mask ($15.99) promises healthy cell renewal, 100% vegetarian, and contains Manuka honey.
BREAKING NEWS: Trader Joe’s has a brand new pumpkin overnight face mask for 2021. It is very similar to their watermelon version seen during the summer months. Apply to clean, dry skin at night before bed. I can’t wait to pick this one up and it is likely to be priced lower than any of the pumpkin masks listed above.
Pumpkin-Inspired Make Up
If you really wanted pumpkin head-to-toe, it’s possible. Here are some fun, pumpkin-inspired make up products to complete that fall lewk.
- This e.l.f. shadow palette called pumpkin pie is a steal ($3) and is plain fun to play with.
- Milani (one of my favorite drug store brands) Fruit Fetish Lip Balm in pumpkin spice ($8.99) is non-sticky but we’re unsure if there is any actual taste.
- 3-pack Burt’s Bees Halloween lip balm comes in pumpkin spice, chai and original beeswax. These are perfect for a Boo Bucket!
Are you all in on everything pumpkin this fall? From pumpkin skin care to pumpkin body care products, you can definitely embrace the season. Now excuse me while I go grab one of those enzyme masks because I’m feeling like a little cell turnover might be needed after a long, dry summer.