The positive feedback on our first Clean With Me video has been a nice surprise! Who knew people liked watching speed cleaning videos? If you haven’t seen it yet, click HERE TO WATCH or press play on the video below.
I’ve always enjoyed cleaning because it gives me a sense of control, especially if I’m feeling overwhelmed with anything else in my life, and having a neat and tidy space calms me. I usually set aside Mondays for house chores and grocery shopping. The weekends are just too busy around here with sports and leisure and I honestly prefer to clean solo (read: control freak who gets snappy when other people try to “help”).
- Collect all dirty bath and kitchen towels and start a load of laundry.
- Load dirty dishes into dishwasher and start.
- Grab an empty laundry basket and collect misplaced clutter from your main living space. This is usually my kitchen, family room and dining room. Set aside.
- Wipe down kitchen counters, clean kitchen sink, wipe down dining room table and/or any other surface area that collects a lot of dust, crumbs, etc.
- Straighten couch pillows, remote control, coasters, etc. in family room.
- Collect trash throughout house and take out the garbage cans.
- Restock bathrooms and kitchen with new paper products.
- Sweep or vacuum throughout. This is usually my entire downstairs on both rugs and hardwood floors.
- Take basket of misplaced clutter and distribute to its proper home.
This won’t get your house totally Spic-and-Span (as you can see, I still have lots of little things to put away in my video) but it will get the bulk of stuff put away and feel clean to get you through the next few days.
Edited: A few questions have come in about the podcast mentioned and vacuum used in our Clean with Me video.
- The first podcast is called Totally Married. You can download it free on iTunes. It’s my absolutely favorite and is available every Monday. The second is Gilmore Guys.
- The vacuum is a Dyson DC41 Animal Upright (Amazon affiliate link). I’ve had it about three years and use it consistently between the rugs and hardwood floors throughout my home. The suction works well to get the fine dust and dog hair on my dark floors.
- I cleaned my marble countertop with Windex (Amazon affiliate link + more ahead) today but usually use Supreme Surface Daily Stone Cleaner. I like Multi-Surface Pledge for my granite counters. Yes, Pledge! It works and is safe for granite.
Want to see more Clean with Me videos? We’re thinking of creating a mini-series, digging deep into my daughter’s bedroom and closet, my closet, the cupboards, garage and more. Let us know what you want to see by leaving a comment here or on the video!