Megan and Wendy review “Christmas at Castle Hart” which premiered on Saturday, November 27, 2021 as part of Hallmark Channel’s Countdown to Christmas line up. This movie stars Lacey Chabert and Stuart Townsend and was filmed entirely on location in Ireland.
How do you feel about Hallmark movies set in European countries? Email us at email@example.com.
Girls Gone Hallmark has a new home!
We used to be a bonus episode under the Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy banner. Now, Girls Gone Hallmark is its very own podcast! We would love it if you would follow us over there and leave a review! New episodes drop weekly!
News and Notes About Christmas at Castle Hart
- This Hallmark movie was filmed in Clare, Limerick and Ennis counties in Ireland.
- Filmed in September 2021, Lacey Chabert gave an interview to Southern Living that it was warm and not raining while in Ireland.
- This was Lacey Chabert’s first trip to Ireland.
- In sad news, Lacey lost her sister just days before the premiere of this new Hallmark Christmas movie which was about two sisters who travel to Ireland in search of their father’s Irish roots. She memorialized and dedicated the movie to her sister in the Instagram post below.
- Stuart Townsend is from Howth, County of Dublin and plays the part of Aiden Hart.
- Three actual castles were used during the filming.
- Dromoland Castle Hotel & Country Club is described as a 5 star castle hotel located in Clare county with rooms priced at upwards for $1000/night.
- Lough Cutra Castle in Galway is a private family home known for its privacy and has hosted guests such as Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall Camilla, Bob Geldof and poet WB Yeats. Its website also mentions that many film and television productions have been filmed at Lough Cutra Castle.
- A third castle was used in Kinvara in Galway Bay.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Listen to our podcast episode “Do You Believe in Ghosts” where Megan shares her ghost experience while staying at Adare Manor in Limerick county, Ireland.
- Our review of As Luck Would Have It
- Balsalm Hill – artificial trees
Want More Hallmark Podcast Episodes?
- For as little as $3/month, join our SHORTIES GONE HALLMARK level and get immediate access to Hallmark Channel Christmas movies reviews not available anywhere else but Patreon.
- Visit our library of Hallmark Channel movie recaps (coming soon).