Today we’re sharing the best back to school lunches from Trader Joe’s.
Long gone are sandwiches cut into cute shapes and a juice box. My daughter only wants a lunch box full of snacks nowadays. The problem is, she doesn’t want the same thing everyday so I need a rotation of things to pick from. Plus, I need to include things that will sustain her throughout a long, busy high school day that includes sports.
RELATED: Pumpkin Season at Trader Joe’s
Trader Joe’s Individually Wrapped Snacks
Individually wrapped snacks are easy to grab when putting a school lunch together. They aren’t always the most cost-effective but I try to balance that with other items I can buy in bulk.
Beef Sticks and Meat and Cheese Snacks
- Chomps Beef Sticks (usually located near the chips, top shelf)
- Prefer Chomps Turkey Sticks or a variety pack? Grab them here on Amazon.
- Citterio Italian-Style Salami Sticks (refrigerated section by sandwich meats)
- Citterio Salami and Provolone snack packs (also by the sandwich meats)
- Trader Joe’s Protein Palette (salami, almonds and cheese crisps)
- Trader Joe’s Mini Brie Bites
- Babybel Cheese
Try putting together a lunchtime charcuterie box for your kids. Meat, cheese, fruit, a yummy dip like hummus or Bitchin’ Sauce, and crackers or pita chips. We love these reusable 5-box containers from Amazon ($14.99).
Granola and Protein Bars at Trader Joe’s
Trader Joe’s has one of the best granola and protein bar selections of any grocery store. Beyond their store brand, they carry several of other brands of individually wrapped bars.
- Chewy Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- ABC Bars
- Power Crunch Protein Energy Bars
- Kind Bars
- Rx Bars
- Think! High Protein Bars
- Clif Bars (including Kid Z Bars and Builders Protein Bars)
TJ’s Fruit Sauce Crushers come in a 4-pack. I buy two boxes of different flavors to mix them up throughout the week. These are great for busy mornings too.
- Organic Apple Banana
- Apple Strawberry
- Organic Apple Carrot
- Apple Mango
Lunches Teens Want to Eat (As Seen on TikTok)
Who would have thought a dip taken to many a potluck would have gained so much popularity with the teens over the summer. Here’s a few viral recipes that would make a great school lunch.
- Cowboy Caviar (everything can be purchased from Trader Joe’s)
- Grab TJ’s Organic Corn Chip Dippers to eat with this!
- 3-Ingredient Bruschetta Dip
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Cakes
RELATED: Best Beauty Products at Trader Joe’s
Traditional Lunchtime Snacks
- PB&J Snack Duos – get that PB&J vibe without the sandwich
- Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Organic Mixed Berry Granola Bites
- Honey Wheat Pretzel Sticks
- Crunchy Curls (Lentil and Potato)
- Manzanilla olives (individually wrapped)
- String Cheese
- Mandarin oranges
- Organic Fruit Wrap (similar to fruit roll-up in a variety of flavors)
- Maple Leaf Cookies
We hope this list of best back to school lunches from Trader Joe’s helps spark some ideas on what to grab on your next trip to the store.
Listen to our A+ Podcast
Are you looking for a podcast hosted by relatable, likable women who are funny and real? Come listen to ours! We’re Megan and Wendy and we host Long Story Short: The Podcast. We are real-life friends, moms of tweens/teens, re-discovering things that make us happy as we move into a very different phase of life. Subscribe today for new episodes every Tuesday and Thursday. Available everywhere podcasts are available.