Banana beauty products are popping up everywhere. We’ve put together a list of our favorites plus a few banana DIY treatments that won’t cost you a penny.
It seems like every summer I fall in love with some sort of fruit trend. A few years ago it was pineapples and then watermelons. This summer it’s the banana trend. I don’t even really like to eat bananas. Instead, I like artificially flavored bananas in the form of Runts or Wacky Wafers candy! I started to see a trend in banana beauty products in stores since buying my favorite banana lip balm at Sephora and now I must have every banana scented beauty product I can get my hands on.
This post contains affiliate links.
Banana Body and Hair Care from The Body Shop
I recently stumbled onto an end cap at Ulta of banana body products from The Body Shop. I resisted tossing everything into my bag and only grabbed the banana shower cream. It has the most mouth-watering scent and is creamy and refreshing. It’s the first thing I reach for as soon as I get into the shower. These are limited edition summer-only products from The Body Shop brand and I must get another shower cream and shampoo and conditioner before they are gone. They have everything body polish to body yogurt. You can click the photos below to buy from Ulta (I think many are on sale too!)
Sephora’s Banana Collection
Megan turned me onto a Sephora dupe for the Fresh lip balms and they are just so great. I’ve got several tubes in different scents but the banana lip balm is my go-to. This is one of those products that I hope never goes away. Plus, they are SO affordable at $6.
I also just purchased the Sephora brand banana cream mask which smells just like the lip balm. The mask is really nourishing and helps to relieve dry skin – something I constantly struggle with.
Click on any of the photos below for more information on the banana beauty products shown.
22 Banana DIY masks and treatments you can make at home
We scoured Pinterest looking for the best DIY banana beauty treatments you can do at home.
- Banana mask for glowing skin from Glowpink
- Brighten dull hair from Women Perfect Solution
- Banana and cream soap from Tweak and Tinker
- Banana and Oatmeal face mask from Bellatory
- For scars and acne from Femalle
- Smooth wrinkles and fine lines from Alluring Soul
- Avocado, Egg and Banana mask for hair from Beauty Epic
- Mask for soft heels from Glowpink
- Banana and Cinnamon mask from Freebie Finding Mom
- Banana oil for hair from Hairstyleology
- Using banana peels for getting rid of dark spots from Stylenrich
- Whiten teeth with bananas from Stylenrich
- Deep conditioning banana and honey treatment from Glowpink
- DIY banana soap from Tweak and Tinker
- Banana foot cleanse from Homeveda
- Sugar and banana body scrub from Musely
Pineapples, watermelon, bananas…what fruit trend will we see next summer?