Do you hear that? It’s the sweet sound of silence. Megan and Wendy talk about the back the school grind and goals they’ve set for themselves since they will be 100% kid-free for the first time in eighteen months. Plus, a DIY henna tattoo gone wrong, the Alabama sorority rush on TikTok and why Megan should have stuck with her early summer C25K program.
Email us about anything we talked about on today’s episode: email@example.com
With Heavy, Heavy Hearts
We started this episode off with a note to acknowledge that the world is not in a good place. We knew it would be insensitive to dive right into Wendy’s vacation woes or Megan almost missing her flight. As promised, we’ve linked a few resources for you to check out if you want to learn more. (We’ll keep updating this list in the coming days)
- A list of 5 organizations to support recovery efforts in Haiti via Obama.org.
- Ways to support women and girls in Afghanistan via Obama.org.
- Sharon McMahon on Instagram @SharonSaysSo for information on what’s happening in Afghanistan (see saved stories).
- Laurel Bristow, MSc on Instagram @kinggutterbaby for COVID-19 updates, specifically news on Delta variant and newly CDC recommendations on booster vaccines (see saved stories).
- Jessica Malaty Rivera, MS on Instagram @jessicamalatyrivera for COVID-19 updates.
Mentioned in Episode 39
- Don’t let your kids do this at home, especially with white furniture: DIY henna ingredients
- Feel like a wizard when you manage to get turmeric stains off most anything.
- How to pronounce VRBO according to VRBO.
- The University of Alabama #RushTok
- Lifetime’s Dying to Belong (1997) starring Hilary Swank, Sarah Chalke, Jenna von Oÿ and Mark Paul Gosselaar.
- Delta’s minimum time requirements when flying so to avoid a mad dash The Amazing Race style through the airport.
- Everything you wanted to know about the Angels and their numerous name changes.
- The “Washington Football Team” will remain the team name until 2022.
- Freshen up your mask collection at Old Navy, disposables from Amazon (no guarantee they don’t smell like farts), or KN95 masks. (affiliate link)
Setting Back to School Goals for You
What does the new school year look like for you? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What were those 2021 goals again? Episode 12: New Year, New Word
- Megan’s top three goals:
- Getting her dinner act together!
- Time blocking
- Watch more television
- Wendy’s top three goals:
- Figuring out a better fitness and diet routine
- Analyze personal budget and cancel recurring payments
- Get things organized for a smooth and joyful fall and winter season
Megan and Wendy Approved!
- Tom’s of Maine Prebiotic Moisturizing Natural Body Wash, Fresh Apple ($7.99)
- STOK Unsweet Bright and Mellow Cold Brew ($4.89)