I recently cleaned Megan’s house and blew her mind with a cleaning hack I’ve used for a very long time to get that so fresh, so clean scent to linger in the air. My secret weapon is a bottle of this laundry product and a vacuum that uses a bag. The rub here is that you must use a vacuum with a bag otherwise you might ruin your very expensive canister vacuum. Today, I’m sharing my 10 favorite cleaning tools you aren’t using but should! This post has been updated for 2021.
I feel like people might think I’m some sort of clean freak but I struggle with clutter and I let things go for way too long before handling it. Another go-to cleaning hack of mine for collecting clutter and redistributing it is a shallow laundry basket. I can clean sweep the downstairs in minutes!
Below are 10 cleaning tools you should really consider adding to your supply closet. Click on any photo below to shop from Amazon. Affiliate links.
10 Cleaning Tools to Use in Your Home
- Save your back by using this OXO Extendable Tub and Tile Scrubber. Works on tile, glass and floors plus it’s shape gets into those tiny corners of the shower.
- These brushes from Drill Brush attach to a cordless drill and are a huge time saver. The kit includes three brushes that can be used on tile, fiberglass, sinks and baseboards. The possibilities are endless on where these can be used!
- Let Angry Mama do the microwave cleaning for you. Fill it up with water and vinegar and press start on the microwave. The steam produced will get all the microwave funk easy to wipe away.
- Can’t go wrong with a Swiffer Duster that has a Super Extender Handle. These are great for clearing cobwebs, dusting high mirrors, tall windows and shutters.
- I use this O-Cedar Dual-Action Dust Mop on my hardwood floors every few days. The washable mop head is the star.
- Want to do some deep grout cleaning? Get yourself a Fuginator Scrub Brush which features a stiff, narrow bristle to get those grout seams clean again.
- How do you wash your reusable straws? Thought so. Get this straw cleaning brush kit for $4.
- How do you wash your silverware before it hits the dishwasher? Avoid the dried on gunk with this scrub brush made to clean your forks and knives.
- A laundry basket can hold so much more than dirty laundry. It’s my go-to hack for quickly picking up all the household clutter.
- Not technically a cleaning tool but something you should add to your laundry routine. These wool dryer balls eliminate the use of dryer sheets reducing garbage waste.
- Clean the machine that cleans your dirty clothes! A good wipe down and these Affresh Washing Machine Cleaner tabs are fantastic at keeping your machine fresh.
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths are great every surface. Plus, these ones won’t lint even after tons of washes.
Clean With Me Video
Have you seen our most recent Clean with Me video? I got the crazy idea to clean Megan’s house. It’s a fast and furious speed cleaning video and you’ll feel super motivated afterwards!
Share with us some of your favorite cleaning tools, hacks or products! Also, we’re considering a New Year Purge Challenge! Are you up for it? Leave us a comment!