This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
The holiday season gives me all sorts of anxiety mostly because I want to make it perfect for my family but time isn’t always on my side. With holiday shopping, parties and decorating added to my ever growing to-do list, I’m just trying to make it nice while not losing my mind.
But this is also the time of year where I dream of lazy mornings in pajamas. I want the warm, sweet smell of pancakes to linger in the kitchen air while I sip on coffee and pin DIY projects on Pinterest.
The only way I can interweave reality and fantasy is to take a couple of shortcuts. Pancakes are the most requested breakfast in my home and I like to vary up my regular recipe by adding Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix to the dry ingredients. Four hot cocoa packets makes an incredibly decadent, chocolatey breakfast treat. These are best topped with Reddi-wip Real Cream Whipped Topping and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pro tip: make a double batch and freeze pancakes for weekday mornings.
How to Make Hot Chocolate Pancakes with Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
1 cup milk, 1%
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 packets Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- Combine the milk and butter in a small sauce pan and heat until butter melts. Set aside and cool
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs and vanilla with fork in a separate bowl. Pour egg mixture into the cooled milk and butter.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until incorporated.
- Scoop batter onto a hot griddle and cook until golden.
- Stack pancakes and top with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and Reddi-wip Real Cream Whipped Topping.
We keep plenty of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa and cans of Reddi-wip Real Cream Whipped Topping on hand during the holiday season. From mugs of hot cocoa to Hot Chocolate Pancakes, a dollop of Reddi-wip Whipped Topping adds the perfect finishing touch of real cream goodness to any recipe.
Find Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa and Reddi-wip Real Cream Whipped Topping at your local Ralph’s. Click here to find a Ralph’s or Kroger store near you. Reddi-wip is in the cold case with other dairy and cream products and Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa can be found on the breakfast aisle.
Will you make these decadent Hot Chocolate Pancakes this holiday season? Make sure to pin this recipe to your breakfast or holiday Pinterest boards! Find Marie Callender’s Dessert Pies and Reddi-wip® products in a Kroger or Kroger banner store near you. Kroger banners include Dillons, King Soopers, Frys, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, Food 4 Less, QFC, Smiths, and Harris Teeter. Find a store near you: http://cbi.as/5qy9e
* Discount automatically applied at register with qualifying purchase. Must use shopper card with purchase. Participating locations only. Offer expires 11/24/16. See store for additional details. Limit 1 per transaction.